Bala

Clothing Item Trade-In

Something that seems to happen quite a lot is that people are carrying multiple items of clothing, quite often sometimes items they don't want anymore. Then inevitably their inventories get full and as a result, they have to dump the clothes somewhere to make room for items they need. This ends up with those items literally the inside of interiors or on the streets, sometimes in large quantities. Don't know about anyone else but that sort of stuff fucks with my immersion, especially since it comes with it's own text label.

So the idea is really simple, there would be a couple locations on the map where you could submit clothing items to those locations for a small amount of cash. Possibly at the most popular clothing stores for convenience.

Just an example of the payouts..

• Masks - $375
  • Tops and Pants - $325
  • Shoes - $300
  • Accessories - $250

It's not a lot of money but if you are trading in your own clothing items, that's like a quarter/third of your purchase back. 

You also then have those people that can pickup discarded clothing items and sell them on as another way of making money. It would be ideal for people new to the server that perhaps aren't in factions or don't have a lot of money but want to try and make money in different ways.

It clears some of the clutter from the streets and it's a balanced way of making money.

• Like 3

This has been suggested before I believe. Still agree though there should be something to get rid of those dumped clothes.

Would love to see some trash bins though, combined with the garbage job where you can just throw anything away and they will clear of they come pick it up. Also cool for some investigation RP, where evidence might have been thrown away 👀

Edited by Yputi

2 minutes ago, Yputi said:

This has been suggested before I believe.

Would love to see some trash bins though, combined with the garbage job where you can just throw anything away and they will clear of they come pick it up. Also cool for some investigation RP, where evidence might have been thrown away 👀

Has it? I mean, a good idea is a good idea no matter who comes up with it.

But yeah, if there's more roleplay ways to get of these items than just dumping them the better.

+1 to this,

I've talked over this previously in comments, great to see someone flushing it out and making use of an idea.

I don't see many downsides to this apart from the potential of low level criminals robbing sell points, such as certain people do at the mines. But let's not prevent a system that works for many because of a few. 

This will save the massive amount of clutter left around at the current clothing stores. Which currently staff have to go aduty and tp they items away. 

+/- 1

Should be a bit less, maybe 10% of the value? Don't want clothing and masks to be a targetable item for robberies, only just enough to help clean up the streets.

Could also bag items in trash bags and utilize ideas from the below or allow you to dump them yourself and get paid to dispose of a bag, instead of doing the entire truck job.

Edited by Xoza

+1 I have so many outfits and when I clean my "wardrobe" I always have like 20 clothing items I don't use anymore so it would be nice to trade it in for some cash, but like Xoza said not too much else clothing becomes a target for robberies. 

Edited by Mariaaaa

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.