childofkorn

New Player tag.

I have just found out today that if my first character has over 5k xp and looses it's new player status, if I decide to make an alt character , this character will not ever get a new player title. (Some players think you still get it on a new character up to 5k xp, some think it's up to 1k xp on a new character if your first has over 5k)

If this is correct then could the rules please have an update to reflect this information as I have seen a few incidents where players have been robed and reported them for robbing a new player causing time wasted to staff and players involved. 

I just think this would clear the whole situation up and make it clear to everyone.

Thanks for taking your time to read this suggestion.

Edited by childofkorn
  • Like 1

I'm.. not really sure what the issue or request is.. but I've also never had a ((new player)) tag. I'll respond though to what may be relevant.

• You should not make a second account, only create additional characters if you need it. Use the same account for everything. If you make a second account it can be seen as ban evading or evading punishment and admin logs. (I think there's a rule about this.)
  • If you have questions "/report 1 <question>", a respondent will answer anything you have.
  • If you encounter a situation you're not sure to handle. Say something like the following "/o I'm still new and getting the hang of this but want to continue and learn, Please be patient with me.".
  • Most experienced players you can also /pm ## <message> and they'll give you input even after a situation.
  • I believe if you still have a ((new player)) tag or you're within that XP range, you can still consent to the RP and allow it to continue.

ECLIPSE allows each IP address to have 2 accounts. Each account is different, so if one account no longer has new player status, it does not mean the other will or will not, it's unique. If you have 5,000+ experience on one of two or more characters on the same account, you will not have a new player tag on your other characters, but may have it on the other account. 

15 hours ago, Xoza said:

I'm.. not really sure what the issue or request is.. but I've also never had a ((new player)) tag. I'll respond though to what may be relevant.

• You should not make a second account, only create additional characters if you need it. Use the same account for everything. If you make a second account it can be seen as ban evading or evading punishment and admin logs. (I think there's a rule about this.)
  • If you have questions "/report 1 <question>", a respondent will answer anything you have.
  • If you encounter a situation you're not sure to handle. Say something like the following "/o I'm still new and getting the hang of this but want to continue and learn, Please be patient with me.".
  • Most experienced players you can also /pm ## <message> and they'll give you input even after a situation.
  • I believe if you still have a ((new player)) tag or you're within that XP range, you can still consent to the RP and allow it to continue.

15 hours ago, Flucifial said:

ECLIPSE allows each IP address to have 2 accounts. Each account is different, so if one account no longer has new player status, it does not mean the other will or will not, it's unique. If you have 5,000+ experience on one of two or more characters on the same account, you will not have a new player tag on your other characters, but may have it on the other account. 

Thanks for the reply guys but I don't think you understood what we were asking.

This was about having 2 characters on one account, not making another account or anything like that.

4 hours ago, childofkorn said:

Thanks for the reply guys but I don't think you understood what we were asking.

This was about having 2 characters on one account, not making another account or anything like that.

Well you said accounts, not characters. In that case, you will not have a new player tag on a brand new character if your other character already surpassed 5,000 EXP. 

On 9/10/2019 at 3:49 PM, childofkorn said:

If this is correct then could the rules please have an update to reflect this information as I have seen a few incidents where players have been robed and reported them for robbing a new player causing time wasted to staff and players involved. 

I just think this would clear the whole situation up and make it clear to everyone.

Let me copy it straight from the rule book:

• Players cannot steal from players with “NEW PLAYER” above their head unless it is in retaliation. 

• Players with the (( NEW PLAYER )) tag that deliberately insert themselves into or start active crime scenes lose their new player protection during those illegal activities.

It doesn’t specify that it applies for characters under 5.000XP, it only says that if you have the “NEW PLAYER” tag you’re not allowed to be robbed. Yes it is a bit confusing at first as I was also mistaken when making my first alt character, its also somewhat confusing that they don’t specify until what XP range is the “New Player” tag going to last, but still the rulebook is not incorrect as they never specified such a thing.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.