Levi208

It's time for new cars, for real.

As the title suggests, and as many many posts before me have suggested. (I'm too lazy to link them, sorry guys 😞 )

It's for time a few new cars, I understand it's hard work making this work with the mechanics /modview. As it is my understanding that each and every customization on a car has to be manually added. A lot of awesome new things have been added lately, the boat dealerships.. boats, hell even islands and a multitude of new buildable interior's have opened up and this is great! Clearly a lot of work has been put into this server recently and it's really awesome to see what's changed since when I started playing. (The drug re-work from a year back)

However I feel more and more that people are still looking for things to spend their money on, the islands and interiors are great but not everyone has the interest, time or even money to dump it all into a design of their own 🙂 There is a big gap between the multi-millionairs and the ''rich'' people in terms of the difference between the most expensive dealership vehicle and the cheapest supercar, in this case the Comet Retro.  It's been a long time since a vehicle was added that everyone could buy.

Now the argument against this I feel has always been the same; We don't want super crazy fast cars that take away from RP. While it's true that many cars have been added to GTAO that'd be far too quick there are multitudes of cars that're crap, really. Slower than some vanilla cars.. so what I propose is. Why don't the admins decide on a benchmark vehicle, new vehicles added can't be objectively faster than it. In my opinion this benchmark should be the Elegy Retro. This still leaves open many options for new cars between the price ranges of 200k-1M dollars and gives many people with good money but not super-car money new things to spend their hard-earned cash on.

It is my belief that a feature like this now should take priority over other things now, just my two cents. Give me your imput!

14 minutes ago, Levi208 said:

Why don't the admins decide on a benchmark vehicle, new vehicles added can't be objectively faster than it. In my opinion this benchmark should be the Elegy Retro. This still leaves open many options for new cars between the price ranges of 200k-1M dollars and gives many people with good money but not super-car money new things to spend their hard-earned cash on.

I agree with everything but this small part, having the elegy retro as the benchmark for speed would mean all future cars wouldn't be great on the highway, much less than current options such as the massacro. There should for sure be new cars added, but allow for some variety in speed and agility, some cars are just better on the highway and if you reduce their speed to  the elegy retro which isn't good on the highway, it reduces that car's utility. The speed should be capped so you don't get insane numbers like 250kph+,just maybe higher than the elegy R.

+1overall, looking forwards to new cars.

Edited by TheCanadian

3 minutes ago, TheCanadian said:

I agree with everything but this small part, having the elegy retro as the benchmark for speed would mean all future cars wouldn't be great on the highway, much less than current options such as the massacro. There should for sure be new cars added, but allow for some variety in speed and agility, some cars are just better on the highway and if you reduce their speed to  the elegy retro which isn't good on the highway, it reduces that car's utility. The speed should be capped so you don't get insane numbers like 250kph+,just maybe higher than the elegy R.

Hahaha I race too much. I should clarify, I rate the elegy very highly due to it's performance as a racing car, in addition to it being verrrryyy hard to chase in the city. But indeed top speed is a defining factor.

One could just take Broughy's benchmark list, which he runs on a down-town track and pick a top-end bench-mark car from this. I can post a link to it if asked.

Edited by Levi208
Spelling

New vehicles are continuously being added to the server as the administration team sees fit. The latest addition is from 5/DEC/2019.

Sports

Drafter
Paragon
Schlagen  
Neon
Omnis
Streiter
Locust

Muscle

Peyote2
Gauntlet4
Gauntlet3
Vamos
Deviant
Tulip
Clique
Hustler
Yosemite

SUV

Hellion
Freecrawler
Caracara2
Kamacho
Novak

Sports Classic

Dynasty
Nebula
Swinger
Michelli
Ellie
GB200
Fagaloa
Z190
GT500
Retinue
Zion3

Vans

Burrito2
Burrito3
Burrito4

Commercial

Mule2

Bikes

Diablous
Diablous2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.