Nine09

Bugged crate, keep losing my items

Date and time (provide timezone): started on 09/01/2019 and carried on till today

Character name:  jordan glowstick

Issue/bug you are reporting: 

my crate / backpack keep saying temproary inventory and every time i leave the game and back the items in tehre disapear. I have lost so many items and i have no idea.

Expected behavior:  

leave my items in the inventory and have them stay there with them disapearing. 

i leave my items in there and a few hours later they disapear. I really want my items back.

Evidence, notes worth mentioning, steps to replicate

CaZbA4l.png
Vehicle license plate number*

14 hours ago, Teca said:

I dont know what you expected if it says "temporary".

Solution...... simlly dont leave your items inside of a crate......problem solved. As easy as that.

that is not a solution my friend as a crate is supposed to behave the same way a bag does. temp storage is for things like government trucks not for personal items. my items are not supposed to just disappear into thin air whenever they please. 

As much as I appreciate your help and input I am afraid that your post is very far away from the actual solution. 

Okay so. You need to understand that this is feature not a bug. This is how its supposed to work. Thats why i told you not to leave your stuff inside. Crates are not the same as bags.

They are used for something else, something you should find icly im afraid

Edited by Teca

On 9/6/2019 at 8:08 AM, Teca said:

Okay so. You need to understand that this is feature not a bug. This is how its supposed to work. Thats why i told you not to leave your stuff inside. Crates are not the same as bags.

They are used for something else, something you should find icly im afraid

Hi, for the whole time of me playing on this server i have always left my stuff in there and have never had an issue and this has only happened recently. Can you please let me know where you are getting your information from to see how reliable your source is.

edit: also this thing is happening to the briefcase as well, you cant say that that is temporary.

Edited by Nine09

On 9/8/2019 at 7:56 PM, thiggins19 said:

When you log off, where do you leave it?

Also do you have a video of the briefcase one?

Hi, I leave the crate either on me (pick up) or in the car. the issue seems to occur even when I am online and if i leave it for a while the things in there go missing. 

I do not have a video of the briefcase as after i put it in the crate it also went missing so I no longer have it. 

I don't know what program to use to record my game play so if you could recommenced something I will happily film it and show you.

This is how crates work. They function like a bag or briefcase for their entire existence, and can be stored, even in house storage and safes... however. Items inside a temporary storage, like a crate, will be deleted if the server restarts for any reason. So if the server crashes, patches, or does maintenance, anything inside of crates will then be removed. To avoid this find a place to store your items outside of the crate whenever you log off or suspect a server restart. Alternatively and more effective is not keeping anything stored in a crate for a long period of time.