kenichis

Non-Government Legal Factions

Has anyone noticed that all of the community made Offical Factions are criminal? How come there are no non-government legal factions? Wouldn’t it be great if a new mechanic shop could be opened by the community to compete with the ones with government funding? Or wouldn’t it be better if there was a government newspaper like weazel but also a private one? It seems that all of the legal business’ are owned by the government. If you check on F4 the only non criminal nor government faction is Baller, and I don’t even know what that is exactly.

As far as I understand, all it takes is dedication. I recommended to someone to create a " Workers Unions " with the several union ideas they posted. It could be the first citizen faction, you could designate roles and more, then after official giving benefits to members.

Theres nothing stopping you from creating a faction. It takes a lot of work and dedication for any faction to be official. I have watched the process, and it is tough. 

If you were to put in the time and effort, and create something, to the same standard as the illegal factions, I think you could than approach dev's about it.

But their hasn't been anything close to the caliber of faction you are talking about. So until people start creating such factions, it's unlikely dev's would do anything. As there would be no reason to do that.

The Teamsters are closest thing to a legal faction, and they are no where near close to the standard they would need to become official.

As a side note, I made a thread similar to this about scripting player-owned businesses, and a smart poster stated "you don't need the script to make a business, just go do it". I took his advice, creating an event center with no scripting or help rom dev's, and it has been a great experience, and has creating something really fun for the community.

I think my point is, players should try to build the things they want, then when it succeeds, ask for dev support. Not the other way around.

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.