James_McNulty

Player Owned Restaurant & Food Chains

Alright, so we have a lot of pre-existing exterior buildings and script-able interiors. With that being said as of now they only places to get food is 24/7's. That and bars are about it. And most people are there for more for other stuff than the food even. And eating and drinking itself is really just something most players do every few hours out of need and not wanting to forget. What if we turned eating and drinking and food into some actual roleplay?. Introduce player owned restaurant and food chains. What do I mean by this?, I mean having the Burger Shot, Cluckin' Bell spoof and other food locations actually be turned into businesses with functioning (Y) entrance points and interiors where people can RP buying and eating food. I feel like this would just help diversify the business economy and just lead to more good RP. You could make everything from big chains like listed above to little diners out in Blaine County. Possibility for RP is very lengthy as not only could you buy the business and own it for legal RP and financial gains but a faction/gang/mafia or group of players could also buy one of these said restaurant businesses and use it as a front and hold meetings/sit downs and other RP there and benefit from the structure in other ways aside from just purchasing and eating food/drink. Not only could these businesses be bought and used to RP inside of but you could even make new legal jobs revolving around them!. Have some places " Deliver " food and make a " Delivery Person " job for said businesses!. There is a lot of potential for RP and server side job and economy benefit with this concept!.

Examples - 

Burger Shot

clGx3rk.png

Cluckin Bell

MBn3UbL.jpg

More Fried Chicken Places ?

n1ffXfL.jpg

Edited by James_McNulty
  • Upvote 1

This is definitely interesting but it would be sad to see if all of the properties are just gobbled up by the people who are already rich. This could provide some actual jobs to people who don’t want to join a gang but can’t / won’t apply to a government faction. Definitely a +1

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, kenichis said:

This is definitely interesting but it would be sad to see if all of the properties are just gobbled up by the people who are already rich. This could provide some actual jobs to people who don’t want to join a gang but can’t / won’t apply to a government faction. Definitely a +1

Good point with the buyout comment, just like with real estate a lot of experienced and rich players patrol for businesses and properties to buy 24/7. And the second these businesses hit the market odds are they would be bought out by the same faction ( which ever has the most money, power and members online at the time) which would be a shame. Maybe if this is used and or implemented in the future there could be an arranged sale/bidding system that would go by dates and result in the businesses being individually sold at different times. Instead of all of them just becoming available for sale at once for some real estate or business type to purchase all at once. 

Edited by James_McNulty

13 minutes ago, Xoza said:

There should be a better indication places are open/unlocked and have people in them as you drive by.

Yeah, good point!. I'm thinking like you know how Warehouses have their little text notification overlay over them?. Just says like " WAREHOUSE  - LOCKED " Or " WAREHOUSE - UNLOCKED " . We could merely change that text and overlay to " BUSINESS - OPEN " or during off hours or when the business is not purchased yet could be " BUSINESS - CLOSED ".  And I believe this could be done with simple point text mapping over the businesses front door, where the player would hit (Y) or E to enter. However when it comes to knowing the amount of patrons/players inside that maybe tricky. Not even sure if or how that would be done.

Concept : 

D4SfgWQ.png

Edited by James_McNulty

14 minutes ago, Xoza said:

Specifically the text should be view able from further. Maybe only even "OPEN" not even the rest of the text. Or.. what about an open sign that can be placed?

red-green-open-led_1200x1200.png

I like that!, I'm not sure if it's possible to script in actual physical signs. Would that not require client side texture and other visual mod installation?. Or could that be like added to the downloaded content when you join the server somehow and scripted in?. I'm honestly curious. Anyone else have any suggestions or ideas related to this?. 

1 minute ago, Brandon Powers said:

I think they should to obviously but its a matter of actually role playing in those areas as well, you want a shitter stacks shit brick brack stack you gotta put the little hats on em.

...........?

5 minutes ago, Brandon Powers said:

NO STACKS TEAM ALPHA!!!!!!

Are you ok?.