OBESE

Fear RP update/additon

This is a small suggestion that I believe should be added and is very important as I've seen this happening and it does not follow no logic and from my point of view is a direct violation of Fear RP.

Im talking about baiting for a DM reason. Seen many times where a bait is sent to do something to provoke someone to pull out their guns and as soon as that happens, friends of the bait just sprays or shoots the provoked people down. It goeas totally against Fear RP to possibly get hurt and shows no concern for their lives.

Same as cop baiting is not allowed and is considered NonRP, same this type of baiting should not be allowed and should be added as fail of Fear RP.

What do you think?

• Upvote 1

I think purposely bringing your life in danger is indeed not giving value to your life. However, this is not always not-realistic. This does depend on the exact situation though and it will be hard to tell sometimes if the person did try to actually bring his life in danger to have a reason for his friends to shoot. 
I do agree that there should be something similair to the idea of cop baiting, where if you purposely try to have the person you ineract with, a gun aimed at you, you can get punished.
I would say, as long as it wasn't with the intent to get a reason to shoot back, it should be good. So, escalating drug deals where you did not intent to have the person aiming a gun at you should not be against that rule imo.
So again, I do agree as the current rule for valueing your life only applies when a gun for example is already aimed at you, but having some sort of value to your life to overcome this would be great. Though, I also think it would be very hard to enforce this rule.

Edited by Yputi

18 hours ago, Yputi said:

I think purposely bringing your life in danger is indeed not giving value to your life. However, this is not always not-realistic. This does depend on the exact situation though and it will be hard to tell sometimes if the person did try to actually bring his life in danger to have a reason for his friends to shoot. 
I do agree that there should be something similair to the idea of cop baiting, where if you purposely try to have the person you ineract with, a gun aimed at you, you can get punished.
I would say, as long as it wasn't with the intent to get a reason to shoot back, it should be good. So, escalating drug deals where you did not intent to have the person aiming a gun at you should not be against that rule imo.
So again, I do agree as the current rule for valueing your life only applies when a gun for example is already aimed at you, but having some sort of value to your life to overcome this would be great. Though, I also think it would be very hard to enforce this rule.

I see your point and I agree with it. There have been several incidents of this that I've witnessed and let me give you examples of them.

1. Middle of the town, meeting between Calaveras leadership and Clowns. Random guy, keeps driving by and we, the other soldiers just walk to him and ask to leave. He keeps comming back again and again, obviously trying to bait us to do more than just ask him to leave. Meeting finishes and our boss pulls out a gun and goes "Im sick and tired of you, get off your bike." as soon as he did that, the baiters friend, who had a position on the bridge, right above the meeting place, opens fire from an AK.

2. Two of my gang members, exit the their car and go to their house. While they are till there, this guy runs over and starts lockpicking the car. The gang members approach him and pull out the gun and at that moment they both got sprayed with an AK.

I do not believe that it would be hard to enforce this rule, because it would have to go through the same normal player report for Fear RP, same as DM. It is obvious when it was a bait, because when someone baits, they purposely do an action that leads them to get under a gun and always the baiters friends are positioned to open fire as soon as they get "valid reason" to DM.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, alexalex303 said:

We do not need any more strict rules to limit roleplay. If you feel a situation is unrealistic, report it and a moderator+ can always make a judgement call.

Totally disagree with you, besides this is not a new rule, it would be addition that goes under existing RP rule. It's just that most of the people do not understand every situation and it's almost like "if it is not written, then it's allowed". This baiting is 100% example of it.

On 7/4/2019 at 12:31 PM, OBESE said:

2. Two of my gang members, exit the their car and go to their house. While they are till there, this guy runs over and starts lockpicking the car. The gang members approach him and pull out the gun and at that moment they both got sprayed with an AK.

This happen three days ago when we were chilling and doing some RP things in our Hood than someone just run out from the corner and start picklock our car in front of our face , when we pulled gun out and told him '' Hey what are you doing , put your hands up so we can see them '' the other guy who was behind the corner just spray both of us down and they take our guns and stuff and just rolled away . 

First of all I want to ask where is a logic to go into hood where is full of gang members and start stealing cars and where is logic to go attack or rob someone from gang members in they own hood ? Would you do that IRL , really ? 

First of all that's FearRP and after its kind a Non-Roleplay from the players who made attack on us 

On 7/4/2019 at 4:59 PM, alexalex303 said:

We do not need any more strict rules to limit roleplay. If you feel a situation is unrealistic, report it and a moderator+ can always make a judgement call.

Yes you are right about that , but you know whats happening into this server ? Getting rob for no reason , get shot by someone which one just wanted to make some action for fun . 

In past days I only see one big mess here ! 

Its so wrong than I need to turn on my Record all the time when I log in the  game to make sure I'm not going to die because of some random guy who want to make just fun and don't care about the rules ! 1!!

Edited by Chris Bluestone

On 7/4/2019 at 6:59 AM, alexalex303 said:

I can agree with him

Just now, Tezhl said:

I mean it's better to report then get a rule for every circumstance for every scenario imaginable. 

So why is cop-baiting specified? And like I said, it is not a new rule, it's specified rule under Fear RP understanding as some people do not understand it just like that.

4 hours ago, OBESE said:

So why is cop-baiting specified? And like I said, it is not a new rule, it's specified rule under Fear RP understanding as some people do not understand it just like that.

You don't get it, ideally, I'd be against cop baiting being specified too. And a lot of other rules. I feel that a lot more discretion should be practiced rather than having strict rules.

1 hour ago, alexalex303 said:

You don't get it, ideally, I'd be against cop baiting being specified too. And a lot of other rules. I feel that a lot more discretion should be practiced rather than having strict rules.

I see your point and I could agree to it to a certain degree. I too have some stuff that I do not like as rules and think it could be different if common sense would be used, but at the same time I understand that the rules are there to keep people in line and not to make it another gta online type of server. So rules, that add to the rp and rules that save people from bad rp are only welcome in my opinion.

2 hours ago, OBESE said:

I see your point and I could agree to it to a certain degree. I too have some stuff that I do not like as rules and think it could be different if common sense would be used, but at the same time I understand that the rules are there to keep people in line and not to make it another gta online type of server. So rules, that add to the rp and rules that save people from bad rp are only welcome in my opinion.

No, no. I would like to see for example cop baiting rule removed, but if someone reports, a moderator will still act on it as bad RP. But it will be up to him to decide at which point it becomes cop baiting. I'd like to see similar changes with KOS, Fear RP, etc. But we're getting out of the scope of the thread.

I said -1 because I don't like strict, unmalleable rules, not because this one itself is bad, I think it should be enforced that way, but not based on a rule.

30 minutes ago, alexalex303 said:

No, no. I would like to see for example cop baiting rule removed, but if someone reports, a moderator will still act on it as bad RP. But it will be up to him to decide at which point it becomes cop baiting. I'd like to see similar changes with KOS, Fear RP, etc. But we're getting out of the scope of the thread.

I said -1 because I don't like strict, unmalleable rules, not because this one itself is bad, I think it should be enforced that way, but not based on a rule.

I understand what you mean. I would have no issues with lighter rules or no strict rules if only there would be a guarantee that people on the server would play by common sense, but sadly we know it's not the case and a lot of people are lacking in that aspect.

Small story from different side about what happen and what you think if its right or not ! @alexalex303

There is a hood , street and full of gang members . Everyone know that this place is dangerous .

But you and your friend anyway go into the hood to bait them , one of them run toward the car which one is in front of the members and starts pick-lock it .

While the other one is behind the corner and waiting for a chance to open fire with AK-47 . There is no matter if he have information about the gang members if they have a gun or not but they still are going in and doing this robbery while there is 4-6 Eses around the block .

So tell me if this is a Fear-RP or not . Also what I think is Non-Roleplay doing this . 

We could say its the same what cop baiting . 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.