Shorty

Having the option to store cash elsewhere

As a heavy criminal that rarely get caught and doesn't care for speeding tickets, i tend to rack up a hefty fine whenever it does happen. So for this suggestion i think it's more towards the criminal side of life.

I think it would be a cool idea to be able to store cash in your house(s) instead of at the bank. Correct me if I'm wrong this is just how I've seen it but when you get jailed you pay directly from your bank. If you do not happen to have enough to pay the fine they will take what they can and you wont get fined for the rest. As a criminal i feel like the dumbest place to have money is in a bank. And it seems pretty NonRP as well considering i just robbed Abdul for his daughters college fund then went and put that 10k into my bank account... 

Edited by Shorty

Issue I have here, is that in Real life, if you are unable to pay your fines the government will seize assets =/> then that of the fines... meaning house, car, garnish income etc.... this isn't a thing nore is a debt system. 

Introduce a debt system, and then sure, but you would have to buy everything with cash, and should your house get raided by a criminal or the police, be prepared to lose everything, as if your a cop killer, you'd have cops banging on your door every hour. And if you own the property or rent it you would be registered with the property registery thus your house location address would all be accessible to police, vehicles registered would also be available. So yes, sure store your cash in your house, but to balance it out and to match up with the powers closer to real, have it so PD and GOV't can see houses own'd by players with warrants... currently I don't even think admins can see that, only developers. Their time is precious as it is, im sure they don't want to be helping find houses of players for warrants to search and seize property.... 

Edited by Jbacon
  • Upvote 2

Just now, Jbacon said:

Issue I have here, is that in Real life, if you are unable to pay your fines the government will seize assets =/> then that of the fines... meaning house, car, garnish income etc.... this isn't a thing nore is a debt system. 

Introduce a debt system, and then sure, but you would have to buy everything with cash, and should your house get raided by a criminal or the police, be prepared to lose everything, as if your a cop killer, you'd have cops banging on your door every hour. And if you own the property or rent it you would be registered with the property registery thus your house location address would all be accessible to police, vehicles registered would also be available. So yes, sure store your cash in your house, but to balance it out and to match up with the powers closer to real, have it so PD and GOV't can see houses own'd by players with warrants... currently I don't even thing admins can see that, only developers. Their time is precious as it is, im sure they don't want to be helping find houses of players for warrants to search and seize property.... 

If we can start seizing assets from people who have debts due then I'm all for people being able to hide their cash more.

Could even be a small division of the PD that's responsible for asset seizure, i'd love that.

I feel like the system as originally described is just a recipe for abuse, however I think if paired with ways for police to snoop and raid the stash houses, or a system that basically makes it so they have to always carry cash on them as a criminal to buy things it could be interesting. This means they wouldnt lose all their money by being put in jail because it is stashed, but they wouldnt be able to use a "bank debit card" at a store or mechanic shop etc.... this would make it possible but with a hefty enough inconvenience to deter possible abuse.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.