Bala

Lockout Tools for Cops

Oh no, a cop suggestion! 'fraid so.

I want to suggest that a lockout tool for police be added to our equipment so that we can more successfully enter vehicles when we need to. Currently, we have to use bobby pins like everyone else but our goal when unlocking a vehicle isn't to steal it like non-cops, it's to check the contents and/or if it was complicit in a crime.

It's a little bit awkward standing there going through a bunch of bobby pins like a common thief especially if there is a crowd. I think there should be some distinction between bobby pins and a lock-out tool so people can see for themselves we're doing our duty, not doing some shadiness.

Don't mistake this as I want it to be 100% unlocking perfection or "another OP cop tool".

• If the bobby pin rate of opening is say 30 seconds, the lock-out tool can be 60-90 seconds.
  • If the bobby pin rate of success is say 25%, the lockout tool should be 75% as it is a better piece of equipment.
  • Once the lockout tool successfully unlocks a vehicle, it would become unusable so you'd have to get a new one from the PD, this would prevent abuse.
  • It would also be an inventory item so if cops would have to be responsible for it. Not leave it laying around or take it out unnecessarily.
  • Upvote 1

On 6/12/2019 at 3:41 PM, GOAT said:

Oh no, a cop suggestion! 'fraid so.

I want to suggest that a lockout tool for police be added to our equipment so that we can more successfully enter vehicles when we need to. Currently, we have to use bobby pins like everyone else but our goal when unlocking a vehicle isn't to steal it like non-cops, it's to check the contents and/or if it was complicit in a crime.

It's a little bit awkward standing there going through a bunch of bobby pins like a common thief especially if there is a crowd. I think there should be some distinction between bobby pins and a lock-out tool so people can see for themselves we're doing our duty, not doing some shadiness.

Don't mistake this as I want it to be 100% unlocking perfection or "another OP cop tool".

• If the bobby pin rate of opening is say 30 seconds, the lock-out tool can be 60-90 seconds.
  • If the bobby pin rate of success is say 25%, the lockout tool should be 75% as it is a better piece of equipment.
  • Once the lockout tool successfully unlocks a vehicle, it would become unusable so you'd have to get a new one from the PD, this would prevent abuse.
  • It would also be an inventory item so if cops would have to be responsible for it. Not leave it laying around or take it out unnecessarily.

23 hours ago, Victor Einhart said:

turns cops into targets to kill for loot, -1.

I think this idea is good and hopefully it could be looked in to getting,  Maybe they shouldn't be able to loot them aswell

+1 This is a good idea and helps solve the bobby pin issue when it comes to opening suspects cars on a scene. 

-1 on the point of keeping it scriptly held on cops, they already have guns that can't be rp'ly taken and more items with this aspect shouldn't be added. 

If people are worried about cops being targets, that's just something they have to deal with. All it takes is one ctrl+E to activate their panic alarm. 

Edited by CallumMontie

+1

This should be a tool implemented in the baton (therefore not lootable. Also the idea with implementing in the baton is not to make the baton do all these things, but make it linked to having a baton on your person in addition to less scripting). You can use the baton to break the window, use a 'slim jim' to open the door and use a universal key kit or hotwire kit to start the vehicle.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.