rhiome

Block contact

Oh? So he wanted to date in game and start a business together and it seemed like fun thing to do. But I came to play in this server with my IRL best friend who happens to be male. When the 3 of us were together, instead of RP he would just run around and act like an idiot and not watch for robbers or gangs and we ended up robbed and killed twice before my IRL friend told me he didn't want to play with this person around. I decided I agreed and did not want to continue the dating story line and broke up with him ICly. He said that was fine but the next day he called me IC and acted like we were not broken up and still wanted to do the business together. I agreed with the stipulation that with my best friend was in town I would leave and spend time with him. Later that day this happened and he said "I guess its time form to go," and left but then he started saying things discord about how im his only friend and no one wants to spend time with him and how he wished he didn't care about my need to spend time with my IRL friend. I ignored that and he came by again the next day in game while I was fishing. I wanted to buy a house and this was the safest way to make money.  kept jumping around and singing and yelling which could cause the attention of thieves and not fishing. He was saying IRL and RP that his character was drunk. He said messaged me in discord and said he wished we could fish IRL and I told him im not dating him IRL and im not looking to. He got upset and left the game and started with the sob story and said he would jump off a bridge an no one cares about him in discord. He went on to say hes done playing this game if I have my IRL friend and he cant keep waiting for time with me in game. Kepp in mind I do not know this person IRL and have only played IC for 3 days with him at this point.

The next day he sent an in game text and an OOC message in discord asking what happened since he was supposedly drunk and I was fed up with the manipulation and creepiness so I blocked him in discord. He texted me over and over IC and I did not reply. I dont want to turn off my phone because I have other people I do want to play with. He started asking IC mutual friends to call and text me for him. Hes not bothering me anymore but I thought it would be a nice suggestion so that other people dont have to go through this. I met a person tonight who described a similar situation and it turned out to be the same person that was "harassing"me. If its not possible to block a contact, maybe being able to change your number or something for a fee would help.

• Like 1

When playing a roleplay game the same principle of "internet" applies. People of all kinds are present from sick-o's to sad lonely assholes. Sometimes people are more "free" with their impulses in-game than they would act in real life situations. 

I don't think we should judge his actions as i'm sure everyone can deduct their own understanding of why such reasonings happen.

Take this experience as you meeting your first obsessive weirdo. Based on your current experience you will learn to be more careful giving out others personal information ,when you barely know them.

If excessive harassement continutes from his behalf, try making a Player Report with sufficient proof and admins will help your situation. ( I hope )

Fair response. I would like to clarify that I didn't give him any personal information. My discord name was similar to my character name. I was able to block him in discord and wanted to block him in game too was all. I just wanted to suggest the option to block an in game character from calling in game phones.

@rhiome You may ask him OOC'ly to leave you, if he continues to do so, you can report him for the following rule:

4. Harassment and Knowledge of Rule Breaches

• It is prohibited to leak personal information of another person or to make such threats.

• It is prohibited to intimidate players from playing on the server or to continuously harass them in the game for OOC reasons to purposely make their game experience poor.

• Players must report cases of ban evasion, falsified forum reports, discussion of or jokes about cyber-attacks and other rule breaches. An attempt to hide such information is punishable.

Edited by HaminLord

Also please in the future do not be afraid to reach out to any of the staff members, not just you but anyone that ends up in the same situation. OOC Harassment is something we look very serious on and try and stop it as soon as it begins. Even if at the time there are no staff members online ingame, or there are few but are busy or off duty, there is always someone on Discord who cannot be ingame but will still be able to help over Discord regarding the OOC part of it. We are here to make everyone's day to day experience as good as it can be, and that applies to anything IC and OOC Eclipse related : ) Enjoy your stay on Eclipse and I hope you will not end up in similar situations again in the future.  

OT: Regarding the suggestion, I agree, there should be a way to block a number ICly from being able to call you or send messages, maybe even get receiving information if you are online/offline when the message is sent, cause people tend to use that fact to try and find you ICly if you are online even though it's an OOC information

Please either send a message to a member of staff as soon if this behaviour continues again at any point or create a player report. 

We want every member of our community to feel safe and welcome on all of our platforms, and the behaviour described above is not welcome here. 

I don't have any suggestions but simply wanted to say sorry that happened. It sucks when this happens, I am higher up in weazel and am always being contacted in discord about ads and ICly stuff but I know the harassment towards women is on a whole other level. Glad that there's rules in place already that can help you solve the issue. 

Edited by BellamyJames