djnugget

Gang Unit/Strike Team

Id love to see a small and morally/legally questionable unit within the PD. This town is a den of shit lets be honest and its not beyond any realm of possibility to have a Unit of detectives like the Strike Team from the Shield

Done well it could bring a new level of RP where the gangs fear them, and certain cops distrust them. Literally loads of possibilities for it, it would require some seriously good and reliable RPers who perhaps have long standing or high ranking Chars within the PD already.

i know its not something that could happen tomorrow and im sure the idea has been kicked around before. Just think it would add some more flavor and i see so many negative suggestions so thought id propose something positive xD

Roast away

It would be pretty interesting to see such a thing come into play, if there already isn't. I've never been part of the PD and don't really know much about their internal operations.

I will say that it could be cool if they did have undercover officers that infiltrated gangs in order to curb their operations. That might be difficult given applications have OOC questions and what not.

The big downside is having morally questionable actions being performed by officers in game can cause a lot of OOC tension and backlash. Since IC consequences can lead to debatable "ooc punishments" such a jail time, injure time, setbacks from being robbed,etc it could all get out of hand really fast.

If such a thing was to exist, it would probably be the highest staff monitored element in the server most likely.

I  respectfully disagree with this suggestion. We already have somewhat of the option for officers to request OOCly to do corrupt cop RP. I I just think that this would be unnecessary and cause more OOC tension. 

Also, we already have detectives that go undercover as such and do a lot of these things. Sure they could be a stronger presence but the entire purpose of the detectives is only a small part going undercover.

All in all, I do see where you are coming from but I don't think this would be necessary.

SUGGESTION DENIED

Thank you for your patience while this suggestion was being reviewed/researched.

After reviewing/researching this suggestion, we have decided to deny it for the following reason(s): 

• A similar unit has been created by one of the law enforcement factions.

This decision is final. Unless instructed to, do not post another suggestion pertaining to this topic. You will still be able to submit other suggestions on the forums.

Regards,
TheCactus