brentplaystv

Why is VOIP constantly messing up?

I've played FiveM servers for quite some time now and the voice chat is pretty reliable. For whatever reason on Rage MP it is constantly cutting out and people claim they can't hear you. This can cause very bad situations as I'm sure most of you are aware.

Does anyone know from a technical standpoint how to make it stop acting up on my end? Or is this just something server related we're going to have to deal with.

I'm using a $400 studio microphone and a very good PC , i want to be able to use voice reliably

It's a server issue, as far as I know ECLIPSE RP changed they're VOIP to they're own made one which is better in some things ( no idea where, but admins probably know it ). Back few months ago, the voip was fine as the server used rage rp voip. Correct me if i'm wrong.

On 4/1/2019 at 10:47 PM, Hoza said:

It's a server issue, as far as I know ECLIPSE RP changed they're VOIP to they're own made one which is better in some things ( no idea where, but admins probably know it ). Back few months ago, the voip was fine as the server used rage rp voip. Correct me if i'm wrong.

AFAIK the old VoIP was server's one , now we are using rage MP voip

On 4/1/2019 at 11:47 PM, Hoza said:

It's the other way around. The old voip was the custom Eclipse VOIP, and the one we're using right now is RAGE's native VOIP implementation.

When we used our own VOIP system, we basically had a second sever for VOIP, and some users reported high CPU usage, the VOIP server would also crash every now and then, and no one's VOIP would work at all. 

Now that we're on RAGE VOIP, there is no more high CPU usage, nor blanket crashes that affect everyone's VOIP, but people do sometimes have issues hearing each other, this is because as far as I know, this VOIP system is P2P, which may result in connectivity issues between people.

Edited by alexalex303
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, alexalex303 said:

It's the other way around. The old voip was the custom Eclipse VOIP, and the one we're using right now is RAGE's native VOIP implementation.

When we used our own VOIP system, we basically had a second sever for VOIP, and some users reported high CPU usage, the VOIP server would also crash every now and then, and no one's VOIP would work at all. 

Now that we're on RAGE VOIP, there is no more high CPU usage, nor blanket crashes that affect everyone's VOIP, but people do sometimes have issues hearing each other, this is because as far as I know, this VOIP system is P2P, which may result in connectivity issues between people.

Any planned fix coming up from RageMP's team? Because honestly right now whenever VOIP cuts off, it diminishes the roleplaying experience. I hate having to type out roleplay/conversations, I've done it for several years on SA-MP and I'm bored of it.

• Upvote 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.