RealSphinx

WHY AM I NOT BEING ACCEPTED??

I applied with 3 other friends??? I literally helped them by explaining RP rules as i have played on multiple rp servers in the past. Why am I being declined but my friends who had no idea about rp have already been accepted?? I was emailed and told to study the No Crime Zone rule and I MENTIONED IT IN THE QUESTION WHAT IS GOING ON.

19 minutes ago, RealSphinx said:

I applied with 3 other friends??? I literally helped them by explaining RP rules as i have played on multiple rp servers in the past. Why am I being declined but my friends who had no idea about rp have already been accepted?? I was emailed and told to study the No Crime Zone rule and I MENTIONED IT IN THE QUESTION WHAT IS GOING ON.

yep same reason why my group of 5-7 friends from SAMP who wanted to play the server and are really good rpers don't play on the server because they failed the test even though they are good rpers and know how to play on RP servers lol, they literally just never tried to re app after the first time they failed

• Like 1

I failed a few times, one occasion I noticed the small mistake. But on both other occasions I was sure I was in the right with the answers I gave. Seemed weird going against the grain and asking for some clarification, but I was told that the answers I had given on both occasions were correct by other staff and they weren't sure why they had been rejected on the application.

But the thing I didn't do was stop applying. Just because I knew I was right, it couldn't be changed once the application had been rejected, and complaining would have gotten me nowhere as I was so desperate to start playing.

Accepted on the next application, would have done as many as it needed.

Humans make errors, don't let it get you down, keep applying and youll get in if you stick to your guns.

Edited by KurtLaser

12 minutes ago, KurtLaser said:

I failed a few times, one occasion I noticed the small mistake. But on both other occasions I was sure I was in the right with the answers I gave. Seemed weird going against the grain and asking for some clarification, but I was told that the answers I had given on both occasions were correct by other staff and they weren't sure why they had been rejected on the application.

But the thing I didn't do was stop applying. Just because I knew I was right, it couldn't be changed once the application had been rejected, and complaining would have gotten me nowhere as I was so desperate to start playing.

Accepted on the next application, would have done as many as it needed.

Humans make errors, don't let it get you down, keep applying and youll get in if you stick to your guns.

To excuse this by saying humans make errors is a bit ridiculous don't you think? Again, when 3 of my other friends who have never RP'd get accepted but i get denied is pretty ridiculous. Not to mention that as someone who wants to support the server and be apart of the community, its a little much to expect me to take all this time out of my day when I work fulltime, married with children and am working on my computer science degree. I don't have the time in my day to work around 'human error' by people appointed with admin privileges and dont think twice about rejecting my application. This ruins my experience with the server and would make anyone who's already on the fence about joining more toxic and more angry. It's also a bit strange for a server that's SO STRICT on how you answer these questions... why can my answers not be 'human error?' even with a clear understanding of a particular question, who's to say my lack of including NCZ in an answer may have been human error. But thats not accepted for the test. These admins need to get banned or this test needs to be taken a little less seriously bottom line. 

See that's the route I didn't go down and its probably the difference between us.

By the way all of your grown up things you have, yea well I am 27 and I have them all too, so lets not try band that about as an excuse.

What I didn't do is instantly throw the blame onto the parties who actually rejected the application. "These admins need to get banned". For someone as grown up as yourself this is a pretty brash comment to make. You think they would have even considered my other apps if I was calling for the heads of whoever got my questions wrong? No, because I wasn't even part of the server so who was I to complain. They have a lot of applications too sift through, so yes errors can be made, and multiple times, as it seems in my case. I raised it respectfully with staff on discord, who apologized to me for the clear mistakes. But I wasn't going to moan about it, I was a bit disheartened but I knew id get there eventually, and I had the patience to wait.

Edited by KurtLaser

Hello.

There is a team of volunteers who review applications and decide if you have enough knowledge of roleplay and our server rules before you are allowed to join the server. This is known as a whitelist, and isn't new for roleplaying games. 

The fact that you have roleplayed in other games will surely help you understand the basics such as IC and OOC, powergaming, and so on, however there are a number of very specific rules to our community such as No Crime Zones, Kill On Sight that you need to know if you wish to play here, and they might be the reason your application is getting denied.

You should also avoid grouping yourself together with other friends, as each application is reviewed individually, and the performance of your friends has no bearing on your performance.

Server rules: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Pc9H1sLAuEsA7Q98RDjB6OTWbMRdk-Ql/view

Community discord: https://discord.gg/TXye2V

If you need help understanding a server rule, or have any questions please PM me on the forums, or join our discord server and ask in #i_have_a_question.

Edited by alexalex303