Ty13R102

Repairing a car you have perm keys to thats not yours

I hear this a lot working at Bayview that someone who has perm keys to your vehicle should be able to repair it. Someone could be using it for a certain task and needs it repaired but are unable because they are not the owner. Not sure if something like this would be possible, but just a thought. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 9

+1 I don't know why this isn't already a feature. We have the ability to change a set permissions for people for Apartments why not have the same system where you can add a person to your vehicle's permissions and set whether they are able to have keys, repair it and modify it as three different settings. That way if you let someone rent the vehicle you could set them to be able to have keys and repair it but not modify it and if it's a friend you trust you can allow them to have keys, repair it and modify it.

• Like 2

We've been asking for this for years, it's such an inconvenience not being able to repair or have your cars repaired when borrowing. Someone with keys should be able to repair a vehicle at a mechanic shop at the very least. 

• Upvote 1

This would be great! As someone who has roleplayed as a mechanic for years, this would be a much-needed feature. The command could work like /mechoffer ID AMOUNT. That way you can choose what player as multiple players could have keys to that vehicle.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

On 3/4/2024 at 10:13 PM, Timmaayy said:

This would be great! As someone who has roleplayed as a mechanic for years, this would be a much-needed feature. The command could work like /mechoffer ID AMOUNT. That way you can choose what player as multiple players could have keys to that vehicle.

+1         Make it player based and not veh based, so we the mechs pick who wants to pay, it will add more RP for people who want to fix cars for others and fix the BIGGEST issue, needing the owner to fix the car if they are offline 

+1

irl if you drive a car into a mechanic shop and hand them the keys so they can repair it, they aint gonna worry whos name is on the paperwork. maybe just for repairs tho, not for modifications.

The only problem would be the complications around mechanic blacklists, particularly LSCs. someone gets banned from the shop they just get their friend to repair their car for them. 

Edited by Quietthecutie

+1 I don't know why this isn't already a feature.

If I take my mates car to a garage and I've got a set of keys they repair it.

If someone loans/gives you a vehicle to progress your characters roleplay and you crash and then have to wait for the owner to arrive 

this then halts your roleplay and nobody wants that.

Like Timmaayy said /mechoffer ID AMOUNT is good as you specifically target the driver.

Edited by fiib

On 2/5/2024 at 1:02 AM, Ty13R102 said:

I hear this a lot working at Bayview that someone who has perm keys to your vehicle should be able to repair it. Someone could be using it for a certain task and needs it repaired but are unable because they are not the owner. Not sure if something like this would be possible, but just a thought. 

This would be extremely useful +1

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, fiib said:

+1 I don't know why this isn't already a feature.

If I take my mates car to a garage and I've got a set of keys they repair it.

If someone loans/gives you a vehicle to progress your characters roleplay and you crash and then have to wait for the owner to arrive 

this then halts your roleplay and nobody wants that.

Like Timmaayy said /mechoffer ID AMOUNT is good as you specifically target the driver.

+1

• Like 1