Josh_Mercer

Medical System.

I've been playing on my Crim a lot recently and tried to role-play GSW's to his chest. Sometimes chest wounds can lead to a sucking chest wound, in which air gets into the chest cavity when the lung collapses and stops your lung being able to expand to breathe. Wrapping a bandage around this would not solve the issue, you'd need a form of chest seal. They don't stop bleeding but rather stop air entering the wound and some have a little valve on them to allow the air inside to release, allowing the lung to function as normal. 

What I'm trying to get at is that I've been /cpr'd way before the Medical RP has been completed and if the RP had been completed first I may or may not have passed away.

Some kind of Medical system should be implemented as treating a GSW or multiple GSW's at once is not a 1 second thing, in which it seems to be with /me's and /do's for example.

"/me takes a roll of gauze and proceeds to pack each GSW with gauze before wrapping a bandage around each GSW to keep the gauze packed in tightly. "

That treat's all the GSW's with one /me and then makes it impossible to die from any kind of wound, and I see this kind of RP a lot!

CPR should be an ongoing thing where if you check someone's hearbeat and their bloodpressure and heartbeat begin to drop, you would begin CPR to slow down the patients decline, NOT STOP IT.

Anyway it's just a thought as I try to put effort into Med RP and I am always met with a Cop that i've shot 10 times, but because of armour etc. he's just the terminator running around with his BLS kit without rping any injuries from the firefight.

• Like 1

Hey there!
Let me start with the basics of the /cpr command. /CPR command is used to extend your life bar while you're downed. That means that you will still lose health at the same rate and if need be, /cpr can be used again to check on your injuries. (/stabilize completely stops your HP from decaying)
What does this mean in the RP terms?
Well, let's take the scenario you've already mentioned - you've been in a firefight with a cop and the cop shot you down. The cop has a BLS bag in the trunk with limited supplies. In the same way, those supplies are there to provide BASIC LIFE SUPPORT, not to do a full surgery on your person in the middle of the street. So, the cop then grabs whatever they can to try and slow down the bleeding and keep you alive for as long as they can, focusing on the major injuries. (If there is no MD on shift, PD/SD will utilise /stabilize command as instructed)
Secondly, you have to understand that people in this community might not have the best English vocabulary, starting of with me. Additionally, they would not have medical knowledge either so they wouldn't be able to RP to the extent you're looking for.
Rules that are taught about /CPR and /stabilize are the following:
/CPR: provide medical RP -> treated party claims the medical RP is enough to stabilize major wounds -> utilise /cpr command
/stabilise: check the injured for injuries -> utilise /stabilize command -> provide medical RP until treated party believes it is sufficient.

Now let's say you're being treated and the person treating you can only provide /cpr, you should first remember that the /cpr is there to extend your life until further medical assistance is provided. Then, the party that is treating you provides medical RP for treating the fatal wounds. If you believe the treatment wouldn't be sufficient, you can always utilise the /do command but give them other party info on why the treatment is not sufficient. For example "/do the treatment would not help as the bullet went through the body and the exit wound has not been treated"

I want to emphasize one thing that I dislike when people complain about LEO medical RP and /cpr (and please, let's not pretend it's not like this).
Scenario 1: You're shot after the shootout with another gang and your gang wins. A person from your gang comes and with a single "/me" treats your wounds and the medical RP is enough, utilises /carrybody and dumps you in the trunk, dropping you off at Pillbox - you survive and grab the good loot from the opps.
Scenario 2: You're shot after the shootout with PD and there's no backup for you. Suddenly, you expect top-tier medical RP from LEOs and provide an in-depth description of injuries to someone who might just be new to the LEO RP, ECRP or whatever. They don't know how to treat the super fatal wound - You die, you respawn at pillbox, you lost probably some illegal items but you're not paying fines and not serving time at DOC.

When I say "you" - I'm not calling you out. I'm not calling anyone out. Being part of both sides of the story, I've seen how these things are treated and I get triggered whenever people "complain" about the current state of the medical RP. Much love!

So here's the thing. We have a few minutes to extend your life, whether that's MD or PD. With anyone with a BLS kit, as mentioned above, the script and intention is to keep you alive, not completely fix your wounds. With MD, the same thing holds true with the /stabilize command. A newly trained EMR or EMT is basically not going to have enough field experience to fix you there, but enough medical attention is provided to stabilize you for transport to the Emergency Room where there, they'll fix you.

The thing is, people can either delay, or stall out on providing /me's and /do's so that either they get NLR'd from say a shoot out, or just for some reason tab out not focusing on the RP they have at hand, because they just want to die for whatever reason. The other thing too, is that if you're at a scene with say 5 people shot down, the amount of /me's and /do's will flood the screen. Adding that much level of RP depth is going to get lost and you're going to have people standing around waiting for something that the receiver missed, and then getting a /pm Can you please respond to my RP. This is another 30 seconds taken off the chance to extend your life.

This is a roleplay server, but not every LEO is a real life Police Officer, and not everyone in MD is a real life Doctor. We're just roleplaying as one and doing the best we can with the documentation provided for us to help keep some good level of roleplay.

What I'm trying to get at is that I've been /cpr'd way before the Medical RP has been completed and if the RP had been completed first I may or may not have passed away.

its quite common for people to abuse the system, ruleplaying the RP to have your character die, get NLR'ed as a way to avoid fines and jailtime. you can request to continue the RP at the hospital for better treatment or at DOC's medical wing, if you want to be involved in deeper medical RP.

40 minutes ago, SquirtleSquad said:

So here's the thing. We have a few minutes to extend your life, whether that's MD or PD. With anyone with a BLS kit, as mentioned above, the script and intention is to keep you alive, not completely fix your wounds. With MD, the same thing holds true with the /stabilize command. A newly trained EMR or EMT is basically not going to have enough field experience to fix you there, but enough medical attention is provided to stabilize you for transport to the Emergency Room where there, they'll fix you.

The thing is, people can either delay, or stall out on providing /me's and /do's so that either they get NLR'd from say a shoot out, or just for some reason tab out not focusing on the RP they have at hand, because they just want to die for whatever reason. The other thing too, is that if you're at a scene with say 5 people shot down, the amount of /me's and /do's will flood the screen. Adding that much level of RP depth is going to get lost and you're going to have people standing around waiting for something that the receiver missed, and then getting a /pm Can you please respond to my RP. This is another 30 seconds taken off the chance to extend your life.

This is a roleplay server, but not every LEO is a real life Police Officer, and not everyone in MD is a real life Doctor. We're just roleplaying as one and doing the best we can with the documentation provided for us to help keep some good level of roleplay.

I get this, but if you'd been shot up by an assault rifle like 10-15 times, there's a high possibility you're not going to survive. Just like real life, they try to administer tourniquet's and bandages etc. but more than likely the suspect will die. If you want to apprehend the suspect maybe a change of tactics. All I'm asking for is a medical system, where there's a UI showing injuries and you have to treat each injury with selected medical equipment. Would be a lot more in depth and interesting when dealing with injuries. It would get rid of the delay with /me's and /do's and actually be fair and individual to each situation.

1 minute ago, Josh_Mercer said:

I get this, but if you'd been shot up by an assault rifle like 10-15 times, there's a high possibility you're not going to survive. Just like real life, they try to administer tourniquet's and bandages etc. but more than likely the suspect will die. If you want to apprehend the suspect maybe a change of tactics. All I'm asking for is a medical system, where there's a UI showing injuries and you have to treat each injury with selected medical equipment. Would be a lot more in depth and interesting when dealing with injuries. It would get rid of the delay with /me's and /do's and actually be fair and individual to each situation.

Criminals who shoot and kill cops also go away for life, and aren't released after "3 years" or 3 hours. You gotta take the level of realism to a certain level. The other thing is we are all typing which for some people can be slow and take time. So some RP can be rushed through to ensure your RP is not stolen or cut short for you. We also, per server outlines, cannot /cpr until the confirmation from /do is complete, so there is a lot of different aspects where people can ruleplay, delay, or just not want to respond appropriately. 

7 minutes ago, SquirtleSquad said:

Criminals who shoot and kill cops also go away for life, and aren't released after "3 years" or 3 hours. You gotta take the level of realism to a certain level. The other thing is we are all typing which for some people can be slow and take time. So some RP can be rushed through to ensure your RP is not stolen or cut short for you. We also, per server outlines, cannot /cpr until the confirmation from /do is complete, so there is a lot of different aspects where people can ruleplay, delay, or just not want to respond appropriately. 

But that's exactly why I was talking about a medical UI for injuries.

2 hours ago, Josh_Mercer said:

But that's exactly why I was talking about a medical UI for injuries.

if there was an Ace 3 advanced medical system for GTA V, that would be sick. but the complexity of something like would be impossible for current devs to create, and im not aware of anything that exists pre-made like it. it would also be a major upset within LSEMS having to completely retrain to a whole new system.

would it be a cool idea? 100%, would it be possible to implement? doubtful