alexalex303

Prison time start upon /cuff

43 minutes ago, Bala said:

More time in prison, means more potential for something to happen. 
I'm not really sure how many more concessions you people want when it comes time to face the music, honestly. 

You can serve the 10 minutes it takes to get you processed, because I know exactly how this is going to go. Someone is going to be all nice and compliant until the cuffs are on, then they're gunna drag their feet to be OOCly annoying because they know their time is counting down.

If you want to go to jail within a reasonable window of time, answer the /dos you are being asked in a timely fashion, don't resist, don't go into /b whinging and you'll be wearing orange before you can say where the stamps at.

People want realism when it suits their suggestion, otherwise convenient details go out the window.

If you wanna be making suggestions about time locked up, fuckin make like 20 minute charges and above prison so people are idle in jail at Faction HQs for 45 minutes. Something that actually matters, not getting 10 minutes off your sentence in a way that benefits you to be a goober.

To add to this as a member of DOC.

95% of the time, the delays we incur are due to inmates. It's quite common to type out a /me to do with searching an inmate or something similar and there's no response for a good while. However, you'll get that same person ICly or sometimes even OOCly screaming about how everything takes so long and you're this and that. 

As an aside to what some people have referred to as 'time served'. IRL, time served is not something you can replicate in RP as the police are the judge and jury, you don't go to court before you go to jail, it's the other way round so to argue that as a reason doesn't quite wash.

5 hours ago, DaddyShrood said:

As an aside to what some people have referred to as 'time served'. IRL, time served is not something you can replicate in RP as the police are the judge and jury, you don't go to court before you go to jail, it's the other way round so to argue that as a reason doesn't quite wash.

what-in-heavens-name-are-you-talking-about.gif.60619e60bd182455adacab3da4d0a3e0.gif

The fact that in game Police operate as judge and jury has absolutely no bearing on the suggestion. mechanically yes criminals get thrown straight into prison and serve their sentance but RPly they have already been found guilty in a court of law. this is done purely as a necessity for crime and punishment RP to flow effectively. it is not because the police actually rply hold that power. the only time this isnt the case is if the person retroactively files an appeal with JB, note the word appeal, because they have already been found guilty, rply in a court of law. we then scriptly acknowlege the case as still being "live." and court proceedings begin there. This is why police add "charges." and not "convictions."

The point im getting to is scriptly, every time someone goes to DOC, they have already stood trial. so yes, time served does "wash."

Edited by Quietthecutie

Big +1 but maybe not upon /cuff but more or less when the charges are placed and it should only apply to sentences that are more than an hour, I'd still want them to go to DOC for the last 10 minutes at least, just do the faction isn't obsolete because that's the only issue I see. Other than that, I'm in.