Cup

QOL improvements for release from DOC and general Bus improvement

So I know I am not the only person that this has happened to. You get released from DOC. None of your friends are around and you try and call a taxi but they never respond. You cant take out the rental scooter since there is a DCC worker on duty and your stuck.

My thought was to make it for a short time after your released from DOC you can take a rental scooter if DCC has less then three drivers on duty.

I can see how this may feel like its taking RP opportunities away from DCC so the other Idea was to have a bus route run between city parking and DOC.  While this wouldn't effect everyone it would be a nice compromise and may actually encourage people to actually ride the bus. This still obviously would depend on someone driving the route so as another compromise you could make it a combination. Have it be that you can get the scooter if no one is driving the bus route and there is less then 3 DCC drivers on shift. 

Edited by LisaWinter
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

I'd like it if the bus was actually useful in the manner described above. The problem I see is incentivizing people to actually drive it around. Money pays, that's fine, but if it's soul-crushingly boring that's a problem too.

With fishing for example it's not exactly stellar gameplay, but people will congregate at the pier and have player interactions. It adds that interest to the activity. The bus would need that special something as well.

I think the idea could work. the stops would need to have a menu to check though, to tell you if busses are running and what stop they most recently did, otherwise no ones gonna just sit around and wait for them on the hopes one is running.

If im honest tho, DCC currently has one of the more active workforces. theres almost always a cabbie on. and at times they are literally queued up around the block at parking or the bank. 

+1 Maybe not a whole new bus route, but the current Paleto route drives right past DOC and the stop could be added.  This route ends at Paleto parking where they can then be dropped off.  This would also allow more interaction with the bus driver job as people may be more likely to catch the bus upon release at DOC. 

In one of the upcoming map updates, there will be some bus routes that service the prison. Whether that's a route to Paleto or a route to Los Santos.
That said, it's kind of dependent on people doing the bus job and also, knowing people are doing the bus route.

Additionally, i've added an ATM outside the building for that stamp money, it just needs script support by the devs.

• Like 1