inorigj

Emergency Flare

Hello,

My suggestion is to add a command that will make it so that your flare gun can make a distress call to MD

to prevent this from ruining the flare gun for people who use it for events. it would not trigger a medical 911 call unless a command is done first

/emflare

To prevent accidental use of it. if you don't shoot a flare within 30 seconds of using the command. the next flare will be a normal flare

to use the command you need to hold a flaregun in your hands and the next flare you then shoot. will send out a 911 call to MD

### New edit

Could also make it so that if you have a loaded flare gun on your person and you get injured, you could run the command /emflare and it will automatically shoot a flare 90 degrees up from you and make the call to MD

#######

[Dispatch]* * * [MED] 911 call from passer-by at LOCATION HERE /resp(ondcall) 1 to respond * * *

[Dispatch]* * * Situation: I can see a flare in the distance, someone might be in distress. * * *

the /emflare command could have a 5min or 10min cooldown so it wouldn't be spammed.

And instead of giving a exact location of the person who shot the flare. it could show up like an area. where the person who shot it will be inside of

b23ae799e34bd5341babd4c1a0603850.png

Edited by inorigj
added more to it
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 3

I think this is a really good idea. The only thing about this is that when a 911 call is made, it drops a little blue or yellow person icon on the map at your exact location for units to respond to. Of course, if you're being moved, or leave the scene where you called, that won't follow you, but it tells them the exact pin-pointed location.

I could see this being used for civilians to assist other civilians when situations where MD is on the scene of a massive gang shoot out and treating 3-10+ suspects are have no available units, or there are not enough on shift to answer calls.

2 hours ago, Quietthecutie said:

This is a very interesting idea...who exactly would it be for? I feel like it would be very niche,  everyone carries a phone on them, how many people keep a flaregun on their person just in case? 

most of the time yes. people have a phone, but there has been a few times i've been outside the city. and fallen down a cliff or crashed my car while my phone was off/dead

if the flare gun had this power to it that it can call MD, then it would give more people a reason to buy one. instead of just 2 firearms that you can only fire 1 at the time anyway.

"added to the original post about using it while injured"

2 hours ago, SquirtleSquad said:

Of course, if you're being moved, or leave the scene where you called, that won't follow you, but it tells them the exact pin-pointed location.

MD calls don't act the same as PD calls. If you call 911 and pick medic. the call will act like a mechanic request or taxi request. where the 911 call will be closed automatically if the caller leaves the area. Making the location it self the caller with a flare. would possible make it so you can call for others and leave. as well as not leave your name in the call logs for MD if you're possibly wanted

it drops a little blue or yellow person icon on the map at your exact location

GTA 5 Does have a function for this. Where it can use a yellow GPS marker to lead you to the location. and then turn in to a "area" when you get there. its used a lot in singleplayer and GTA Online missions. Also for MD its a Red person icon.

Edited by inorigj
edited it a bit

55 minutes ago, inorigj said:

MD calls don't act the same as PD calls. If you call 911 and pick medic. the call will act like a mechanic request or taxi request. where the 911 call will be closed automatically if the caller leaves the area. Making the location it self the caller with a flare. would possible make it so you can call for others and leave. as well as not leave your name in the call logs for MD if you're possibly wanted

I'm aware of this, but if you're scriptly injured, you're not going anywhere.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.