Xoza

Mechanic Franchise Shops

With players increased interests in mechanics and more 'personal' businesses/shops, I believe a huge opportunity is available to present itself.

INTRODUCING
MECHANIC FRANCHISES

A franchisee may organize with their chosen parent company and choose a location within their jurisdiction to open a shop allowing the spreading out of mechanic availablility.

What are the possible limits?

• Franchises must follow the same pay scales, training, and OOC requirements as the parent entity.
  • Franchisee's must attend a monthly meeting with the parent company.
  • There may be a limit of 'franchise' licenses available (2-3).
  • The Franchise must be active and have a minimum of three employees.
  • Like any other mechanic shop, they are responsibile for responding to calls and work in their jurisdiction, including if needed, working out of the parent shop if help is requested.
  • Shops will need to follow the same government expectations and mandates as any other.
  • Mechanics will need to gather their equipment, vehicles and go on duty at the parent company, then may go to their own shop, if the parent company has their own personnel on shift.
  • The parent company would be the 'boss' still and could desolve a franchise license any time for viable reasons, including abrasive relations or disagreements and work ethic.

What's the benefit?

• Different shops can have their own management, style, and focus. Ex: a shop can focus strictly on towing or field work and not even have a base shop.
  • Players may prefer other shops and allows them more options.
  • Expands business and encourages new opportunities and ideas.
  • Could help stabalize mechanic availability in many areas.
Edited by Xoza
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I believe I have seen one example of this already being done. Someone wanted to run their own towing business, so to allow for this to work with the script, they were put in the LSC faction and given their own admin spawned tow truck. 

+1 to the suggestion. I think this would help provide more diversity and opportunity for player run businesses in an easier manner with proper script support and allow for more mechanic availability for everyone. 

In fact here's a better Idea... though a little extreme it could further promote coverage and capability.

• Merge Mechanics into one faction "Los Santos Customs" and create internal shop locations/franchises.
  • Add more mechanic shops (there could be 9-10)
  • Set faction points to allow them to go on duty/dispatch from these mechanic shops.
  • Set blips to change color when a mechanic is near.

Players would be able to see what shops have a mechanic, instead of having to search the entire state. Mechanics would be able to work out of the shop they prefer, or are assigned, and even move around to different shops depending on towing and what they're closest too.

Edited by Xoza

5 hours ago, Xoza said:

In fact here's a better Idea... though a little extreme it could further promote coverage and capability.

• Merge Mechanics into one faction "Los Santos Customs" and create internal shop locations/franchises.
  • Add more mechanic shops (there could be 9-10)
  • Set faction points to allow them to go on duty/dispatch from these mechanic shops.
  • Set blips to change color when a mechanic is near.

Players would be able to see what shops have a mechanic, instead of having to search the entire state. Mechanics would be able to work out of the shop they prefer, or are assigned, and even move around to different shops depending on towing and what they're closest too.

i love the idea of changing blip colour dependant on if a mechanic is actually on. if this could be scripted in, if nothing else, it would still massively improve the server. driving/pushing all the way to LSC only to find out no one is on is always a kick in the teeth. bayview in general has better uptime but again, useful.

For the past 6 months, I have been trying to get MPT back up with a contract to allow scripted repairs, at first I tried to get a contract with Bayview, but the governors said I had to go to LSC to get a contract, then was told that I had to wait for LSC to get its employment up, now i have to wait for the new LSC owner to get announced which will probably be another few months. We still do RP repairs and such with tuning special cars and time trails with upgraded cars and have been working on a class system for a racing app again.

To give a little insight into how Liam and I set up the contract this time around; MPT would pay a monthly fee for the tool rentals, and then if we have a really good month, give a few % of our profit to LSC.

I have always been a fan of this +1