Herbo

Remove the Micro SMG from LEOs loadouts

I feel like this suggestion is pretty simple, once you reach a certain rank within LEO or join certain divisions you get access to better weaponry which makes sense, some of those being the Bullpup Rifle Mk2, SMG Mk2, Carbine Rifle and Carbine Rifle Mk2, A Sniper, Grenade Launcher etc. Now all of these MAKE SENSE as you progress in ranks IRL you get access to being "rifle-certified" and you would realistically be able to use guns like the M4 and MP5 which these guns are modeled after.

Now my suggestion is getting rid of the Micro SMG from this loadout, Now I know the server isn't exactly based on realism, but what LEO in IRL, specifically in the U.S. uses Micro Uzis which is what the gun is modeled after. It just makes absolutely zero sense for LEOs to be using Micro Uzis. 

Now I don't want this to turn into some "cops are so overpowered" type thread, just simply debating on why or why not Cops should have access to a gun like the Micro Uzi. It is simply used to take tires on vehicles and it can end pursuits in a matter of 5 seconds if someone with half-decent aim is using it. It just seems like it's on LEOs loadouts for no other reason then to give them another advantage.

• hand 1

I feel like this suggestion is pretty simple, once you reach three felonies you should be permanently incarcerated inside DOC and be forced to roleplay as a life-time inmate until broken out through approved means. This helps promote realism and allows repeat offenders to finally roleplay a character properly that is a habitual offender and will mimic the California three-strike law. 

Now I don't want to turn this into a "PD vs Crim" thread, just simply debating why we push for so much realism for one side of the spectrum but not to the other side of the spectrum.

• Like 2
  • PogU 1
  • NAY 1
  • yooo 1
  • POG 1
  • polarcop 2
  • dead 1

I specifically investigated replacing this weapon a little while ago and the problem was that there aren't any weapons to replace it. There weren't any good options for a weapon capable of being fired from a vehicle. If you have suggestions for a weapon that LSPD should use in this role that isn't "take it it away entirely" I would be pleased to take your suggestion under advisement.

Perhaps with the weapon update, there will be more viable automatic options for the LEO factions to use. At this time, they will remain as they are the only automatic weapons scriptly available to these factions that serve the intended purpose. The usage of the weapons is heavily restricted in these factions and if you see misuse, I strongly urge you to file an IA complaint (IC or OOCly) or a forum report if you feel a rule was breached.

But just to comment on the realism side of the argument:
image.png

This is real, but will not be considered due to balancing and gameplay.

• yooo 1