Darius_Nunez

Radios for Truckers

Truckers are different because people can do the job with their own truck instead of being forced to use the loaned out pounders. Your solution would be as simple as /cb everyone go to radio frequency 1050 for trucker radio. Or maybe leave an /fdo note at the truck job start area advertising a radio freq to use. Would take 10 seconds of effort. 

2 hours ago, Requiem said:

Truckers are different because people can do the job with their own truck instead of being forced to use the loaned out pounders. Your solution would be as simple as /cb everyone go to radio frequency 1050 for trucker radio. Or maybe leave an /fdo note at the truck job start area advertising a radio freq to use. Would take 10 seconds of effort. 

I agree with this fully, there are very simple ways around this, and as Requiem said, people do not have to use scripted vehicles and can have their own so there is no need to have the "clock on" script with uniform which allows the radio.

I think this would be a good idea.  The trucker job, unlike mining and fishing, requires you to accept the job to take the orders whether in a personal vehicle or not. This would mean that you are working for a company who may not require a uniform but should provide you with needed equipment.  I feel even if you have your own truck, the trucking company would ensure you have a way to communicate with their dispatch.  +1 to the work radio for truckers with set frequency.