pooria

Lower the Prices for Criminal Equipment

4 hours ago, Herbo said:

+/- 1

I see both sides to this thread, as of right now I don't really see any issues with weapon pricing. The amount of money that circulates through the crim world right now, is just assinine. If you lower the prices you're going to see massive shootouts between groups fully kitted up with 100 APs, AKs, Pumps, etc. This would turn the server into an absolute warzone and I don't think it'd be good. 

There's also the issue of if people are more geared, taking on fights with LEO is gonna seem like more of a viable option. This is obviously not something the Devs or staff team want. As crims we should be trying to avoid LEOs to the best of our ability and I think if you lower the prices people will roll around more geared and take fights with LEOs when they don't need to.

I think we just wait until the weapon update, give it a month or 2 with the update and see what happens.

im not sure if you understood the main purpose of this thread firstly its not just about guns its about what ever you can order thro the Illegal faction black market such as toolbox, tables, vents and so on but about the gun parts i would say that people who want to fight LEOs are already doing it and with the fines and a jailtime that is in place for them right now the chances are really low if some one wants to shoot cops just to go in jail for 4 hours and more. lowering the gun prices makes everything balanced and its going to make the labs more realistic in my point of the view since its  dangerous place a normal person shouldn't go there without a gun. lowering the prices will give everyone aa chance to have a gun in such place so its more realistic.

On 3/19/2023 at 4:06 AM, pooria said:

with the recent changes and the new development updates, almost everyone accepts that one of the main ways to make money for crime has been given a massive nerf, although everything else available for the criminal lifestyle is not changed to continue playing as a criminal. Now if you need to cook for any reason, like taking care of your drug territory or making money in general, you need to gear up and go to public labs, and decent gear costs close to 50k these days. so initially you run the risk of losing all your gear and the ingredients you need to cook. If you lose that stuff, that's about 60k lost. And let us say a shooting happens and almost always cops show up too and say: you'll be arrested for a few hours + the fines you'll have to pay for a heavy weapons and other equipment, so the fines and everything else you have lost now will be more than 80k in the worst case and will not be compensated since the main way to make money has been nerfed for most people. the only way to solve this problem, in my opinion, is to lower the prices of weapons, armour, ammunition and everything else on the black market. Also, keep in mind that the current situation makes it very difficult for new players to make money from criminal activities, so after a while everyone will realise that it's pointless to Grind into crime and you will not get anywhere with it. Not to mention that some people have already made enough money from drug labs in the past. In the long run, this will cause people to lose motivation to play crime because they will not be able to make as much money as they used to. Also, it is already hard enough for new people to get into crime, which will lead to a lack of criminal players. The new update has made the interaction in the public labs very good, but if we want to keep it going this is necessary as you always need to be armed when going to labs .

thoughts ?

I think that this is an amazing idea, decreasing the price in equipment that is used, for example, in chopping would greatly increase the amount of people doing this to make money therefore increasing the RP opportunities surrounding these interesting roleplay experiences. I think that although it may be a slightly risky move, decreasing the prices of guns, In my opinion may also be a good idea as it makes the weapons more accessible to all players giving them all the opportunity to try weapons that they may have never seen or rarely seen before, for example a heavy weapon such as an assault rifle, I think that not all roleplay that comes out of having heavy weaponry is necessarily a shootout or gunfights, some may wish to RP being a small time arms dealer and solely distributing them or even using them for bank/store robberies. some may use these weapons for kidnapping other players with a weapon more scary than just the average .50.    

Edited by Benjamin Berg

On 3/18/2023 at 9:15 PM, alexalex303 said:

I think that we should wait for the gun update and see what that does to the economy prior to making changes. I should also note that in the past week since the Island update came out, there's been non-stop heavies and kevlar on almost everyone there, so I'm not sure that equipment is overpriced.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• PogU 1

On 3/18/2023 at 9:15 PM, alexalex303 said:

I think that we should wait for the gun update and see what that does to the economy prior to making changes. I should also note that in the past week since the Island update came out, there's been non-stop heavies and kevlar on almost everyone there, so I'm not sure that equipment is overpriced.

WAIT FOR THE GUN UPDATE!? IS IT EVEN COMING ANY MOR!E? WE HAVE HAD MULTIPLE EXPECTED DROP DATES AND NO RELEASE! HOW DO WE KNOW THIS UPDATED HAS NOT BEEN SCARPED/BENCHED LIKE PAST TEASERS FROM DEVS?! Also to your second point. Before this drug change there was nothing for people to bring out there stashs for as it took forever to get the escalation to the level needed to warrant that many weapons of that class coming out.

Edited by Phantas
  • YAY 1

Im going to have to +1 this

But I do see both sides to this but an AK with ammo, kevlar and a .50 if you desire could be looking at 70-90k. I'm not saying people would be using them all the time but the people who work for their money should not have to break the bank for some of these criminal items. Now while people will mention that criminals have that option to risk that much, but considering the amount of time it would take to make that much money it's just not worth it. Id say lets cut the prices just to balance it out for criminals. 

• Upvote 1

If prices for heavies, etc were lowered, a lot of people would be rolling around with heavies, etc not afraid to loose them, which is unrealistic. It’s probably best to wait for the gun update, but having heavy gun prices, etc higher makes it so they are not as easily accessible, which is realistic. The current prices are fine in my opinion, not everyone should be going to labs with heavies if they cannot afford the cost of the equipment (realistically).