vGJake

The lack of gangs

I'm vGJake. I've only been on the server around 18 days. I use to run gangs for years on SA-MP. 

Since being on Eclipse I'm yet to see a single street gang.

Street gang in real life, sell drugs, run county lines etc. At the moment you need a lot of tables to make the drugs to even make a decent profit, then you sell it to an NPC. So selling drugs to people is pointless. Tbh I see why people don't sell it to people and only NPC's because it's instant money and the set up costs are a joke.

Rank structure within a gang. IMO this is seriously outdated, street gangs don't have ranks. You don't sit in a room and say right, you've been promoted from Goon to Soldier. Fair enough if you want to have a rank structure in your gang BUT this should not be a must. If I were to create a street gang I wouldn't have ranks as its not really realistic and we'd all be the same level. Maybe have a shot caller/leader but that's all it should be.

Posting screenshots daily of your RP. I understand adding screenshots/videos but to showcase your RP is a bit tedious. It's a voice RP server, nobody wants to read a bunch of /me's, however screenshots of you posted up on a corner in numbers or action screenshots should suffice. What I mean by action screenshots is a screenshot of you doing criminal RP. 

I can make 20k in an hour on a legal job. If I want to do car chopping with someone else, I'll probably make 10k an hour once you split it. House robbing, 40 mins after opening both safes, we've earned 5k between us. Now the reason why I bring this up is because these two activities for gangs is a must, however people are just gonna stick to doing oil runs and road works for the money. The only way I see at the moment to make money in criminal RP is buy 20 odd tables and cook or be in a scripted faction and get and sell guns. This will put people off making gangs because there's literally no reward to make money as a gang, you need to do legal jobs and really, illegal jobs you should make more money. High risk, high reward.

This is just my opinion, like I said I've only been on the server like 18 days, so in some things I've mentioned I could be wrong. Please add suggestions because it would be nice to see gangs on this server. I did hear there use to be quite a few at some point, what changed?

Edited by crackslaps
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Hello Welcome to eclipse!

There are a couple of gangs running around, however in my opinion criminal rp is at rock bottom. We are far past peak of criminal rp that I say from 2019-2021. Will criminal RP return to its glory, maybe maybe not. Why criminal RP is on life support, is a topic for another discussion. There is plenty of posts on this if you browse around. 

In the meantime, there is nothing stopping you from starting your own gang!

Thanks, 

• Like 4

Welcome to ECRP, As the IrishGuy said, the current state of crim rp is at rock bottom and I am sad it is that way. I been a criminal myself since I started playing 2018, never had another character, and there is many issues why it is the way it is currently and theres multiple forum posts about that so you can read about it. Gun prices are at sky high, making money is very difficult unless you run a lab with 30 tables and afk all day long, the current gangs, not all of them, but a few of them create a very toxic environment for the new gangs which make it impossible to grow, starting wars over petty reasons just to wipe you out, and there is basically not enough players for more gangs to be in the economy since the OG gangs have 30-40 players in them. Also the official system is the reason why most people don't even try to start up a gang because they think that its too hard. Gangs with official status control the weapon imports, which they can charge new comers crazy prices or even scam them off their money, 10. 50s could go as high as 100k, while stock price it doesn't even reach 50k, I won't even get into the topic of heavy weapons because a single AK-47 with 100 rounds can cost up to 54k. So yeah, if the environment becomes friendlier I am sure there would be more gangs, even small ones like back in 2019-2021 but for now its impossible, to be a criminal you must have a lot of wealth, otherwise you will be miserable, a simple loss of a gun can cost you 10 hours of working. Criminals currently have to resort to legal jobs to make money instead of doing criminal activity just to be able to do anything criminal.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Sandiego said:

Welcome to ECRP, As the IrishGuy said, the current state of crim rp is at rock bottom and I am sad it is that way. I been a criminal myself since I started playing 2018, never had another character, and there is many issues why it is the way it is currently and theres multiple forum posts about that so you can read about it. Gun prices are at sky high, making money is very difficult unless you run a lab with 30 tables and afk all day long, the current gangs, not all of them, but a few of them create a very toxic environment for the new gangs which make it impossible to grow, starting wars over petty reasons just to wipe you out, and there is basically not enough players for more gangs to be in the economy since the OG gangs have 30-40 players in them. Also the official system is the reason why most people don't even try to start up a gang because they think that its too hard. Gangs with official status control the weapon imports, which they can charge new comers crazy prices or even scam them off their money, 10. 50s could go as high as 100k, while stock price it doesn't even reach 50k, I won't even get into the topic of heavy weapons because a single AK-47 with 100 rounds can cost up to 54k. So yeah, if the environment becomes friendlier I am sure there would be more gangs, even small ones like back in 2019-2021 but for now its impossible, to be a criminal you must have a lot of wealth, otherwise you will be miserable, a simple loss of a gun can cost you 10 hours of working. Criminals currently have to resort to legal jobs to make money instead of doing criminal activity just to be able to do anything criminal.

I 100% agree with everything you said. Wasn't aware of the hostility of other gangs as I've never seen them.

Another thing which could encourage people to make gangs is create more hotspots in the poorer areas like Strawberry, Rancho etc. At the moment the hotspots are in the rich areas. Maybe create a hotspot for players, similar to the car garage. At the moment if I were to post up with a gang in the poor neighbourhood I won't see a single soul. Literally no reason for players to pass by unless they're going to the used car dealership. Definitely needs to be a hotspot.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, crackslaps said:

I 100% agree with everything you said. Wasn't aware of the hostility of other gangs as I've never seen them.

Another thing which could encourage people to make gangs is create more hotspots in the poorer areas like Strawberry, Rancho etc. At the moment the hotspots are in the rich areas. Maybe create a hotspot for players, similar to the car garage. At the moment if I were to post up with a gang in the poor neighbourhood I won't see a single soul. Literally no reason for players to pass by unless they're going to the used car dealership. Definitely needs to be a hotspot.

Currently it is on you to create a hotspot, like buying a property and showing your presence there, making events, and such so people come around, but the point of a hotspot has been raised many times in other similar posts and I agree that it would be one of the ways the situation could be better, if there was a point of selling drugs from person to person for personal use the RP of street gangs would be way better, sadly currently you go to an NPC, get your money and leave. I was part of two street gangs that were located in grove street, West Coast Assassins and GBK, I enjoy street gang RP the most, sadly there is not much RP you can create on your own before it gets stale and repetitive. Also since there is no street gang scene that is an issue too, brawls and other similar street gang interactions would be epic between two rival street gangs.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, crackslaps said:

I'm vGJake. I've only been on the server around 18 days. I use to run gangs for years on SA-MP. 

Since being on Eclipse I'm yet to see a single street gang.

Street gang in real life, sell drugs, run county lines etc. At the moment you need a lot of tables to make the drugs to even make a decent profit, then you sell it to an NPC. So selling drugs to people is pointless. Tbh I see why people don't sell it to people and only NPC's because it's instant money and the set up costs are a joke.

Rank structure within a gang. IMO this is seriously outdated, street gangs don't have ranks. You don't sit in a room and say right, you've been promoted from Goon to Soldier. Fair enough if you want to have a rank structure in your gang BUT this should not be a must. If I were to create a street gang I wouldn't have ranks as its not really realistic and we'd all be the same level. Maybe have a shot caller/leader but that's all it should be.

Posting screenshots daily of your RP. I understand adding screenshots/videos but to showcase your RP is a bit tedious. It's a voice RP server, nobody wants to read a bunch of /me's, however screenshots of you posted up on a corner in numbers or action screenshots should suffice. What I mean by action screenshots is a screenshot of you doing criminal RP. 

I can make 20k in an hour on a legal job. If I want to do car chopping with someone else, I'll probably make 10k an hour once you split it. House robbing, 40 mins after opening both safes, we've earned 5k between us. Now the reason why I bring this up is because these two activities for gangs is a must, however people are just gonna stick to doing oil runs and road works for the money. The only way I see at the moment to make money in criminal RP is buy 20 odd tables and cook or be in a scripted faction and get and sell guns. This will put people off making gangs because there's literally no reward to make money as a gang, you need to do legal jobs and really, illegal jobs you should make more money. High risk, high reward.

This is just my opinion, like I said I've only been on the server like 18 days, so in some things I've mentioned I could be wrong. Please add suggestions because it would be nice to see gangs on this server. I did hear there use to be quite a few at some point, what changed?

Yoooooo Jake, how the hell you end up here. It’s me drizzy from vg. Get at me bro drizzy#1191. When did you arrive here? Me and some of the homies been here for a few years