Yputi

(Forum suggestion): Vehicle reviews

So I had this idea for an vehicle review page on the forum. There is a page where you can seel vehicles and real estates, but I did realize the vehicles aren't the same as in "normal" GTA. Every vehicle has it perks and disadventages. I also often get people asking me how I liek a certain vehicle.

Pretty basic idea.

Not sure how many people would be intrested in this, thats why I would like some comments.

======================================
Small example (although I think most people get the idea):
======================================

Trophy Truck
TrophyTruck-GTAO-front.png

Audrey Martin:
8/10.
I have this truck for quite a while now and I do think it's a nice ADDITION. Definitely not a daily driver. The spare tires will come in handy when taking some heavy dirtroads. The acceleration is nice, but the topspeed is... not that awesome. I tested it on a closed track and reached around 175 km/h flat. Ofcourse the suspension gives alot of comfort and the lightbar ontop makes sure you won't be unseen.

Edited by Yputi

4 minutes ago, Xoza said:

I would like to see something like this, I've worked on my own data sheets for vehicle information.

I thought @Yputi was going to help me... 😛

Ah yes! You were making a list with all mods that could be applied on cars in Rage! Also, prices (although those can differ over time).
Maybe this can be a combo as I mentioned in the main post, the cars dont perform the same as in ECRP. Same goes for mods (I had many times I was quite dissapointed).

Edited by Yputi

On 1/4/2019 at 5:25 PM, Yputi said:

Ah yes! You were making a list with all mods that could be applied on cars in Rage! Also, prices (although those can differ over time).
Maybe this can be a combo as I mentioned in the main post, the cars dont perform the same as in ECRP. Same goes for mods (I had many times I was quite dissapointed).

The idea of the list was to get data from both Eclipse and GTA, Showing what information we can provide in customization and performance abilities. The goal would be in hopes of providing this list to help better adjust vehicles to be closer to GTA Online stats. This way when when someone playing Rage looks up the vehicle, they can see the reviews and stats for that vehicle already in place and understand that Eclipse adjusted them to fit the server but are about the same.

As for the data collecting, unfortunately I don't own, or can test drive every single car in Eclipse.

• Like 1

It all comes down to gathering and analyzing information and would need quite a few helping out. I've linked below some work I've done already and some ideas.

• Vehicle Rating Form - If not integrated into the forums or wiki in some form, this could be used to rate vehicles and add notes. Can be added to the database spreadsheet or its own.
  • Vehicle Database - A database I started working on because I wanted to know more about a vehicle and its modification and design options before I purchased. It also has a calculator that would allow you to check the approximate value of an already modded vehicle.

Hey, thanks for the suggestion.

Forums are mainly OOC, and reviews of vehicles (which would prompt people and influence purchasing choice) would be considered IC. There are new avenues like the IC social media app LifeInvader where you can create a group or a post and leave fully In-Character reviews.

Suggestion Locked & Archived.