Xypint

Suggestion on admin quotas

Currently I feel there are certain admins that ignore /reports. I think /reports should take reasonable priority over normal roleplay. I understand admins are here to RP too, but if they can't take on the responsibility of enforcing rules via /reports then they shouldn't really be admins. I've seen /reports go unanswered for hour with several admins online. I myself have /pmed admings before for them to tell me they are busy in RP but when I see them ICly they are having useless conversations.. I know I shouldn't do this but this instance occured when I was fairly new. 

Maybe there should be a quota system like a certain amount of reports must be answered per week/day/month. Just a suggestion, feel free to elaborate.

-1 I do agree that some reports that can't be solved on the forums should be responded to as soon as possible, but they also have the right to roleplay.  "Useless conversations" are also roleplay. Just have patience and don't PM the admins about it since they will get to it when they have time.

54 minutes ago, Spookie said:

-1 I do agree that some reports that can't be solved on the forums should be responded to as soon as possible, but they also have the right to roleplay.  "Useless conversations" are also roleplay. Just have patience and don't PM the admins about it since they will get to it when they have time.

Yes, but it doesn't take priority over /reports. like okay, if you are chasing someone responding to a /report will ruin the momentum. In that case it makes sense to not respond.

In game reports that staff take are already tracked and noted upon during our administration and support reviews, the more reports a staff member takes, the higher the odds of them getting rewards such as promotions. 

I do agree that admins should not be ignoring reports if they have nothing else to do, if they're just doing nothing, and there are reports, I don't see any reason why they shouldn't be accepting those reports.

At the end of the day, we really cannot force anyone to do anything. It's a voluntary position and those who volunteer to do it really do the work they can or want to do. Inactivity of admins or support staff is noted and consistent inactivity will eventually result in a removal from the team, however, if staff decide they'd rather have some fun roleplay instead of do work sometimes, there isn't anything wrong with that. Most staff are either in school, they have jobs, or both. I usually do a lot of forum reports on the weekends, because during the week I really don't have the time or energy to do work. I tend to clear in game reports when I login, but after that, I just want to play.

It's a -1 on the suggestion given, from me. Hopefully what I've said gives some clarification or reassurance 🙂

-1 Metrics like IG reports and forum reports already impact decisions from higher ups who to promote or not way to much. Someone who is respected and liked in community for being fair might not get promoted because they would be lacking the metrics, but another less liked member of the staff team could get promoted easily by just "no-lifing" forum and IG reports.

Thank you for your suggestion. As some time has passed, this has already been implemented, or this suggestion is no longer relevant/viable, it has been moved to our archive. We appreciate you taking the time to post a suggestion thread and encourage more posts in the future.

Regards,
Dalvichan