checkky

Take away the "No Shadows" Rule

Hello Eclipse Community!

As I'm sure I'm not the only one who may think this, I personally think the "no shadows rule" should no longer be a bannable offense.  Not everyone can afford a quality PC, and the fact ECRP admins are punishing players for not having a good enough PC to run shadows is quiet ridiculous. I understand people may acquire some "advantage" from this, however people can provide good roleplay without shadows. Players should have the right to choose their Graphic Quality whilst roleplaying on a GTA V server, and shouldn't be punished over their choice to not run shadows.

Edited by Checkky
  • Like 7
  • PogU 1
  • NAY 1

The no shadows rule is intended to prevent people from modifying their game with external avenues to gain an advantage over other players playing the game by default.

GTA 5 was made in 2013. The Xbox 360 can run it. The game has a lot of options to appeal to almost every PC and console made in the past 10 years. If your PC is unable to run GTA 5 at low settings, then maybe GTA 5 RP isn't the game for you. Downloading modifications to make your game run like Roblox, maybe Roblox RP might be a better game to play.

Edited by Harley
  • NAY 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 5

9 minutes ago, Harley said:

Downloading modifications

theres no downloading needed, you literally just go into the cfg and set a value to 0. pretty simple really, and as someone who used to play on a gtx 1060 6gb, and a ryzen 5 1400, ragemp constantly crashes, and the fps i would get at a very max was around 50 (providing i was alone and not in the city). I have experienced the difference having shadows and now shadows makes, and i can honestly say it increases your fps tenfold.

Players are not allowed to modify their game files to gain unfair advantages over other players. Such as (but not limited to):

• removing graphical aspects of the game which you otherwise can't remove through the game settings, which allows you to e.g. see players better. You can't for example remove vegetation/other objects outside of what the in-game settings allow, or remove shadows completely. In other terms, we do not allow PVP graphic settings, it is an RP server.

The rule still allows players to utilize full control of their graphical settings, what you cannot do is use external programs or means to circumvent any graphical setting that is otherwise not already available in the graphical settings, this was created because some players screens look like they have mat_fullbright 1 which is completely ridiculous in an RP environment and unnecessary in a game that is 8 years old with the below min specifications.

image.png.d3e4ed96ce33c1f23a7c0dd00d2251db.png

Sorry, but we are not interested in allowing shadows to be removed, this was a decision taken by the admin staff team after meetings and it is the direction that we want to have the community towards. It grants too much of an advantage in especially shootouts (and dark areas), the settings provided by GTA 5 are sufficient for computers in this day and age to be able to play the game. We do not want users to feel forced to alter their graphics outside of the game to have the same advantage as others. It is a roleplay server, and not a PVP-focused server, which the removal of game shadows (among other graphical adjustments) meta stems from. 

We are sorry if there is someone out there that absolutely cannot play this game without removing shadows, and using the settings provided by GTA 5 themselves. However, benchmarks of GTA 5 have proven that GPUs as old as 660 (and older, including hardware from that era) can run this game decently well with the settings provided. Rage MP may have some optimization issues but we have staff that runs on old hardware and they have no issues playing the game. 

No one is immediately banned for removing shadows, and if they are, in most cases, they are unbanned after proving that they have uninstalled them. In normal circumstances, Unfair Game File Modifications follow a punishment progression like other punishments. There are however cases where this may differentiate, as there could be other factors involved. 

• Upvote 5