AbsoluteBadonkers

Lockpicking, ATM hitting, and hotwiring

The minigame for lockpicking, hitting an ATM, hotwiring, and anything else that uses it is a good idea, but it’s finicky. It will sometimes count an obviously successful hit as a non successful hit, and when hotwiring or lockpicking, that can become a problem, and tbh it’s more based on luck for if it’ll fuck up or not than it is on skill.

Instead of a “hit button inside colored zone” thing, for lockpicking, there could be an actual lockpicking minigame. Find the sweetspot, rotate the lockpick, profit. Fuck it up and break it? Alarm goes off.

For hotwiring, it could be something to do with wires and a screwdriver. Maybe fuse 2 wires together and then turn the screwdriver in the ignition.

For ATM hitting, there could be something like a timer with a random “skill check”. You mess it up, it sets the timer back from anywhere between 5 and 10 seconds, and there’s a random chance of the silent alarm going off.

Feel free to post criticism, I’m always open to ideas

Edited by AbsoluteBadonkers

Lockpicking is fine could be done better ofcourse but for now its should be kept as how it is.

Hotwiring i agree it could be something to do with wires and a screwdriver. For example  if you connect the wrong cable either you get electrocuted (Lose some health) or the Alarm goes on. but if you manage to connect the right cable it starts and you are able to turn on/off the engine because you know which cable it is.

ATM keep it as it is.

In my opinion they should be all kept how it is for now because there are more important things right now.

For example Drug update.

hate me or not thats all what i wanted to say.

On 9/5/2022 at 8:28 AM, AbsoluteBadonkers said:

It will sometimes count an obviously successful hit as a non successful hit, and when hotwiring or lockpicking, that can become a problem, and tbh it’s more based on luck for if it’ll fuck up or not than it is on skill.

This may just be due to lag from your end. I've done a lot of lockpicking and hot wiring since this change and I have not had this problem once.

1 hour ago, Chilo said:

This may just be due to lag from your end. I've done a lot of lockpicking and hot wiring since this change and I have not had this problem once.

As someone who spent an entire week following the chop update building my criminal alt around stealing/chopping cars and using lockpicks, it is not in sync all the time, there is delay every so often even with a decent ping (I have 30-40 ping to the server) 🙂

• Like 2