Flucifial

Visual repairs will repair engines too

Date and time (provide timezone): Anytime

Character name: Any Character

Issue/bug you are reporting: Having a mechanic do a visual repair will repair your engine too. 

Evidence, notes worth mentioning, steps to replicate: Do a visual repair on a vehicle that has low engine HP. Mechanics have been just doing this ever since RAGE released so that customers can avoid paying base value for engine repairs. 

The bug here isn't that visual repairs fix engines - it's that engine repairs do not work. It is a RAGE issue where engine repairs do nothing at all so mechanics have to use visual repairs (which also fix engines) for the overall repair of the vehicle.

RPly, it is much more valuable to do an engine repair as the character actually does a repair animation rather than just holding a hammer, so I believe that the topic of this report should rather be "Engine repairs not working" rather than blaming mechanics for bypassing engine repairs and "just doing this ever since RAGE released".

• Like 2

On 11/21/2018 at 7:59 AM, Roberto_Sanchez said:

The bug here isn't that visual repairs fix engines - it's that engine repairs do not work. It is a RAGE issue where engine repairs do nothing at all so mechanics have to use visual repairs (which also fix engines) for the overall repair of the vehicle.

RPly, it is much more valuable to do an engine repair as the character actually does a repair animation rather than just holding a hammer, so I believe that the topic of this report should rather be "Engine repairs not working" rather than blaming mechanics for bypassing engine repairs and "just doing this ever since RAGE released".

That was not my intent by this post, Roberto. I was not aware this was supposedly a RAGE issue, Osvaldon has seen this bug report, and if it truly was a RAGE issue, I'm sure he would've archived this already. I was not trying to put blame on mechanics, I was simply stating that it was impossible to give an engine repair and souley an engine repair, and that visual repairs repair the engine, rather than just the car's visuals itself.

Sorry if you took offense to the report, but it simply wasn't my intent. That goes to @ElisabethC and @Com783 as well.

Many thanks,
Flucifial
Administrator - Eclipse Roleplay