Nikolai Vasiliev

Toll Booth pay

While it is great to help out the emergency vehicles and work vehicles by letting them through the toll for free. It isn’t very good for our pay. I’m curious if there is a way we can get paid for those cars coming through even if they don’t stop to activate the tollbooth. I think it’s nice that they don’t have to pay but toll booth is my primary source of income and late at night, most of the vehicles coming through are emergency vehicles so I don’t make very much money. We do get tips on occasion but it’s hard to justify working the booths.

Edited by Nikolai Vasiliev
  • Upvote 1
  • chill 1

I would have to agree, its nice these places have worked out a deal with the tollbooth department, but why doesn't the person actually running the booth get any money? they are expected to work an already underpaid job for less? i would suggest maybe 50-100 per free toll that passes the bar, whether they /paytoll or the tollbooth guy raises it in an emergence. 

another suggestion would be to give an hourly pay, plus the toll that people pay. 

I enjoy working the booth i just wish i had better incentive to do so.

@SmushyTaco  @alexalex303

very good points! i forget that some people don't have the maturity to not abuse the system, and i would have to withdraw the first half of my comment. 

I think an hourly pay would be the best way to bring more incentive to work there. i had worked at the tunnels booth for 8hrs straight to figure out how much i would make in that span of time, i had 27 paid tolls for a total of 8100, 16 unpaid (25 if you count the ones i saw going on the opposite side of the highway to go around the tunnel), 32 pd/md, and 9 other free pass vehicles. 27 paid to 57 unpaid. hard to justify those numbers...

• Like 2

I agree with @alexalex303 - I would be more in favor of an hourly rate, perhaps with bonuses for vehicles going through. This way you would get paid a flat rate if you worked for an hour without any vehicles going through, but you would get paid a bit more if you worked an hour and had 20 cars going through.

This may mitigate the issue of emergency vehicles being nothing for people if people were paid the same to sit there with no cars as they would with 10 emergency vehicles going through at a net 0.

• Like 2

+1 

$500 an hour (15 minutes worked) like Burgershot, plus the 300 you normally get when someone does /paytoll

Government and Freelance vehicles don't have to pay which allows for a better income for workers. There are only 3 total spots to work so it isn't like 10 people can all work and get paid for doing nothing.