N8TGK

Why are there so few cars? Add more cars! Also planes.

I'm sure you understand my dismay when I went to buy my favorite bike and my favorite car and neither one of them are in the game. 

Please add all of the cars from GTA Online that would make sense and not break the game. My favorite car is the Pariah and it really bothers me that it's not in the game. And if someone says that the police cars wouldn't be able to keep up, the answer is very simple - add a couple performance upgrades to the cop cars to make them faster than vanilla. 

Also any sort of vehicle model replacements to spice up the world a bit would be amazing. 

And for planes, why is there no flight school where we can be taught how to fly? Why can we not buy small single engine planes and helicopters? Why can we not get a pilots license any way other than joining one of the factions? It should be possible to get a private pilots license, I can think of hundreds of ways this would massively improve the world and expand rp scenarios. Just think about the new business opportunities for dealerships, flight school, and possibly even an aircraft branch of LS Customs (and bayview ofc) specifically trained to work on aircraft (I don't think there's enough playerbase to have a dedicated aircraft mechanic). 

Basically my complaint is that there's nowhere near enough variety of vehicles in ECRP, I want to see more of the vehicles from gta online, and I definitely want to see civilian aircraft. 

Edited by N8TGK

I understand that it seems like a lot of vehicles are missing, but I guarantee you that developers have spent a big portion of time vetting what vehicles to allow on the server for balance, without having to resort to modifying vehicle handling files, something that would take significant effort.

For example, the pariah is a 1/1 car (at least I think there is only one) because it is so good. Having players access this vehicle in unlimited amounts would surely break the ''fairness'' that has been thought about when it comes to vehicles that are available to players. The same applies to super cars, sports cars, armoured vehicles, etc...

Sadly, we already see players picking what vehicles they use in-game and maximizing for performance instead of RP purposes or character backstory. Allowing most GTA Online vehicles would surely exacerbate the issue. This has happened in the past with the Hakuchou Drag, forcing developers to remove it and eventually to bring it back with a modified handling file, the F620 because of a speed bug, the comet retro custom for being able to go at extreme high-speeds, etc...

Would it be an ideal world if developers painstakingly changed every single vehicle and balanced the handling to make it fair? Sure, but I don't think this is realistic. 

As for the plane/helicopter idea. I like it, I think there should be small planes and helicopters available. To my knowledge in the past these were not considered as Rage is a bit weird with planes/helicopter sync, I'm unsure if that problem still persists. Although this would have to be regulated IC'ly with high prices, licenses with strict requirements, etc... as it would surely become a go to escape method for criminals and not as an RP opportunity as it is meant to be.

Edited by Cyrus Raven

Some of the cars are 1/1, these are supers 90% of the time, apart from a couple of the very quick sports. I agree more cars would be good, but I am not sure how to go about adding these and this is probably why they have not been added. At the moment there are very few high end cars (performance wise) available for purchase. The plane suggestion just doesn't really make sense in an RP server in my opinion. -1 from me sorry.                                                     

14 hours ago, SmushyTaco said:

+/-

I don't believe aircrafts should be able to be owned by individuals as it would create an entirely new meta leaving LEOs with less RP opportunities.

I do like the idea of more vehicles being added but @Cyrus Raven brings up a good point, modifying these vehicle files to make them balanced would be a pain in the ass.

Maybe a good compromise could be having a forum where community members can submit modified handling files for vehicles they want to see added to the game so developers just need to test these files rather than constantly tinker with them.

Well of course the planes would be extremely expensive and locked behind very hard to get licenses. I'm not saying it should be reasonable, and definitely not easy, all I'm saying is I think it should be possible. It could limit the RP for LEOs true, but it would massively expand the RP for alot of other factions, and maybe even add a whole new faction - the military which would intercept planes or helicopters. 

So I guess the question is is somewhat limiting LEO RP worth it to expand the RP for several other factions. Besides it might not limit it that much, with helis the PD can give chase directly, and with planes it'd probably be NRP to land not at an airstrip, so the police could be waiting for you when you land. 

Edited by N8TGK

+1 for being able to own helis/planes and obtaining a private pilots license. This will take nothing away from LEOs. They have everything at their disposal to catch you even if you have a heli lmao. This just makes them work a bit harder for it 😉