MrUntouchable215

Short and listed improvements

I'm going to skip wide detail and just list things that I think would heavily improve RP

More civ support:
1. Cheaper Property requests on a case by case basis, with proper reasonings. Currently I feel RP is hindered by the need to make millions, money should not dictate RP.

2. Much less heavy, stackable furniture to make building less tedious. (I.E, stacking 2 of the same floor lights for less clutter)

3. A proper way to sell back furniture that isn't used. (Can add it to the ctr+x option)

4. Scripted business support in order to allow businesses to open much more often. Remove 24/7 automated scripts from stores and/or allow players to run their own businesses for example. Allow us to hire managers, employees, etc and pay a salary. The only time a business should be automated is if there isn't another one being ran by a player somewhere else. 

5. Similar to the above but add more variety of food and items that isn't sold in stores. It's rough to RP something like a burger shop whenever someone can just buy one from the nearest store.

6. Too many automated script jobs and activities hinders roleplay, some should be removed. Trucking faction, rather than a scripted trucking job for example. There's many ways to freak this.

7. Add different activities for players to do that doesn't include grinding for cash but promotes a social aspect. Scripted poker anywhere, more dice options, blackjack, etc.

Realistic Crim Improvements:

1. Prison needs to have its own set of OOC rules that either merge with or are separate from the normal rules. Currently, prison on ECRP is a cesspool of trolling and DMing. There needs to be much harsher rules for prison in order to promote a more realistic environment for both the guards and players. More defined escalation, prison faction support with imported contraband, etc.

2. Add a vehicle list that changes daily for the chop shop. Currently, you literally cannot put a car anywhere and leave it for five seconds. I can't go into the furniture store without someone baby sitting my phantom, hell, I can't even walk into a property I'm building without someone trying to pick lock any car that's outside, regardless of the time of day. 

I know there's many more crim improvements I could have added but honestly, just focusing civ support adds a ton more to both legal and illegal factions, even players without a faction. Someone who does crime doesn't do it 24/7, you still go out to bars, hang out with friends, etc. My point is, there should be some type of means to promote a more naturally flowing LS; a more lively one.

Edited by MrUntouchable215
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

1) I believe the IC property request is on a case by case basis and pretty accessible to most levels 
2) Huge +1, plus needs to be cheaper.
3) This is not needed imo
4) I'd love to see people implement more RP into scripted businesses beyond stocking it up and leaving it.
5) More food options would be cool
6) You can make a faction around a freelance job if you want, i saw a truckers union one time that didnt take off
7) Blackjack +1

1) It does, I worked on this: 

There's also this: 

2) An interesting idea but I don't use it enough to have an opinion

• Like 2

Here are a few comments/feedback I have for this suggestion:

1. I do have to say that I agree with this sentiment. As somebody who recently put in a property request, the purchase price listed was extreme. While I do understand that the property in particular is large, I do think that more thought should be given to the present economy on the server. Yes, some properties are much cheaper than others due to the interior size but overall if more thought was given to the economy/prices (more on this below)/request/RP reason then prices overall would be lower. There is always the ability to take back a property if the roleplay intention of it is not being utilized and somebody just wanted a cheap property to meme around with.

2. Absolutely! Furniture should be much lighter to carry, stackable or orderable to a property. Continuing from above as I do believe that they relate, prices of furniture should also be lowered. It's quite absurd how expensive renovations are when you want to create something nice and creative. This would help with more people looking towards property requests because as it stands now not only are properties expensive but the furniture aspect of it makes it almost unimaginable and hinders creativity/roleplay opportunities.

3. I would really like to see a way to sell back furniture at a lower price to the furniture store. A lot of the times people buy furniture and then it doesn't look good or they want to redo something and just have all this extra furniture around. Selling back at a much lower price would get rid of the furniture and allow players to feel like they can make new renovations without having this massive money sink.

4. Yes! This promotes activity for scripted businesses and gives them something more concrete instead of simple passive income.

5. Great idea which gives more diversity. I wish stores could be limited on what they can/cannot sell with just a few items to pick from instead of the whole catalog.

6. Neutral on this one - I moreso wish that the jobs were more indepth than they are now, possibly with the reward of more money.

7. More social activities would be fantastic!

-----------------------------------------------------------

1. While I do know that there are Prison Rules that have been worked on and implemented, I think that they should be enforced more within the prison. The higher enforcement would lead to the lightbulb going off for people to think that it is unacceptable behavior. Until the enforcement increases, I don't see much change coming.

2. A vehicle list is an interesting idea, perhaps two-three vehicles that have a premium for the chop. The only thing I can think of going wrong is it would prompt players to not take out these vehicles on those days which would make it a moot point. There are, however, other suggestions such as new lockpicking systems, security systems, etc. that I think would help this issue that I personally have recently been very vocal about for consideration.

Thank you for the suggestion and I hope my feedback helps drive more conversation! Awesome thoughts overall to benefit the community as a whole 😄

• Like 1

Really love the suggestions put at hand, wanted to provide feedback on the first one as my character is one of the few that focuses and works around the Property Request system.

1) As someone who is a direct worker of handling Property Requests and seeing the ins/outs of when a property is requested, to the point of deciding what price point is chosen for the property we are giving. I can slightly agree but also disagree at the same time. I've always been an advocate against the whole stigma of the need to grind for an excessive time for money in order to retrieve assets on a character. When you leave an insane grind at hand, you leave players at very limited options of what they can actually pick and choose for what they want to get, as well as the fear if they want to use all that money that they saved up to be seen vanished over one thing when it could've been spread across multiple assets. However within the Property Request system, we've reached a point where I personally feel money isn't an issue, we've changed so much within the system to where players don't have to flush out their whole bank account on a single property. We've setup things such as Lease to Own, where instead of dropping maybe 1-2million dollars you're only putting a down-payment of $250,000 and slowly paying it off when you feel comfortable to do so. Doing this allows for the player to properly spread their money across the board so that they can pick and choose the right decisions of what they'd like to do with the property. Can the pricing of the properties still be lowered? 100%, however I feel this is a discussion that can be brought up to the workers under the Bureau from an In-Character standpoint of how it may still be hard to access these types of things and always look towards, "How can we obtain these at a cheaper costs so that RP can continue and not ruin my wallet to ensure I can eat and survive?" I'm always a person who is very interested of taking others ideas/concerns and appropriately bringing them up, but it can only be brought up to start a change, if a discussion is started. In the past properties would be listed for 3-5mil through the request system without location really being taken into account. Now we have so many bullet points to meet the criteria of "Is this a property we can list for $500,000 or is this a property that's work $3,000,000. If I'm being fully transparent, the cheapest property we've given since the update to our protocols was around $150,000-$350,000, while the most expensive one being as of recent, topping at $3,000,000. Much appreciate the suggestion around it and would truly advise that if you'd like to see a change, start the same discussion In-Character. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ramo said:

Really love the suggestions put at hand, wanted to provide feedback on the first one as my character is one of the few that focuses and works around the Property Request system.

1) As someone who is a direct worker of handling Property Requests and seeing the ins/outs of when a property is requested, to the point of deciding what price point is chosen for the property we are giving. I can slightly agree but also disagree at the same time. I've always been an advocate against the whole stigma of the need to grind for an excessive time for money in order to retrieve assets on a character. When you leave an insane grind at hand, you leave players at very limited options of what they can actually pick and choose for what they want to get, as well as the fear if they want to use all that money that they saved up to be seen vanished over one thing when it could've been spread across multiple assets. However within the Property Request system, we've reached a point where I personally feel money isn't an issue, we've changed so much within the system to where players don't have to flush out their whole bank account on a single property. We've setup things such as Lease to Own, where instead of dropping maybe 1-2million dollars you're only putting a down-payment of $250,000 and slowly paying it off when you feel comfortable to do so. Doing this allows for the player to properly spread their money across the board so that they can pick and choose the right decisions of what they'd like to do with the property. Can the pricing of the properties still be lowered? 100%, however I feel this is a discussion that can be brought up to the workers under the Bureau from an In-Character standpoint of how it may still be hard to access these types of things and always look towards, "How can we obtain these at a cheaper costs so that RP can continue and not ruin my wallet to ensure I can eat and survive?" I'm always a person who is very interested of taking others ideas/concerns and appropriately bringing them up, but it can only be brought up to start a change, if a discussion is started. In the past properties would be listed for 3-5mil through the request system without location really being taken into account. Now we have so many bullet points to meet the criteria of "Is this a property we can list for $500,000 or is this a property that's work $3,000,000. If I'm being fully transparent, the cheapest property we've given since the update to our protocols was around $150,000-$350,000, while the most expensive one being as of recent, topping at $3,000,000. Much appreciate the suggestion around it and would truly advise that if you'd like to see a change, start the same discussion In-Character. 

The only concern I have on this is even through leasing, 150k+ should still be considered a sizable amount in my opinion. I only say this because with the amount of blank properties GTA has to offer, there are plenty to spare. If a new-ish player join the server and wanted to open a coffee shop, relevant to his characters back story, he should be able to is my point. Money should only be a driving factor when it comes to making sense of a certain things. For example, how I justify owning a 4G mansion, or how I justify driving around in a Massaro as my daily driver. Yet, not when it limits roleplay to a waiting game. I'd bring something like this up IC but I just don't feel there's a proper way in doing that without some sort of mixing being involved.

I'm sure we'd all love to see more businesses being open daily with the goal of giving players things to do and places to socialize, rather than the sole purpose of making cash. You also gotta keep in mind that there's little room for players to make back the money they spend on these properties, as there's little script support in helping them do so. If I ran a coffee shop, selling coffee isn't going to pay back 150k+ anytime in the near future, unless there was a way that business could be funded on another level. I.E, getting hourly paychecks as I'm clocked in to work, as well as selling coffee.

These are things we need to keep in mind as a community, that the RP experience is much more important than the cash it can bring. The one thing I'm starting to see as I'm recently coming back is we're more understanding on the need to fix and promote things on an OOC level, rather than an IC one. This is a good thing, because it places down the foundation needed to do things properly IC. We should figure out ways that regular civilians can make money to enhance their RP experience without feeling the need to work at LSC, Bayview, DCC, or anything else for a while until they raise their funds. Take possible backstories into consideration, as not everyone understands how to fix a car or take a bullet out of someone's shoulder. 

Sorry for the weird and unorganized way of typing, I literally just woke up and didn't get a slurp of coffee yet.

Edited by MrUntouchable215
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ramo said:

I do think that one of the things that would overall simply easy the 'burden' of it is the furniture cost. While the lease to own option is fantastic, it still doesn't mitigate the need to spend hundreds of thousands to just make the inside of the property useable. If furniture prices were lowered all around then the use of buildings would be much quicker and people could proceed with the intended purpose of the property.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Aldarine said:

I do think that one of the things that would overall simply easy the 'burden' of it is the furniture cost. While the lease to own option is fantastic, it still doesn't mitigate the need to spend hundreds of thousands to just make the inside of the property useable. If furniture prices were lowered all around then the use of buildings would be much quicker and people could proceed with the intended purpose of the property.

Correct, there's always going to be room of what can we do to provide ease of access for these people who'd like to provide different waves of RP, it goes onto further notes of. Are they doing something that's non-profit? What's it being used for and why? 

Recently I can say we have been taking more of an OOC perspective regarding the RP usage behind the building, which was one of the biggest reasonings of our addition to the application itself to provide a proper OOC reasoning behind what the Property will be used for within RP. With these notes and discussions being brought forward, we can always seek to lowering cost of properties so that people don't have to spend countless hours just to acquire something that could benefit a community with a new type of Roleplay.

1 hour ago, MrUntouchable215 said:

I'd bring something like this up IC but I just don't feel there's a proper way in doing that without some sort of mixing being involved.

As for bringing up something on an IC level, there's always ways to send Emails In-Character, which can also still include OOC aspects as long as theyre in OOC Brackets within the email. Once again I do appreciate the involvement of the system in this suggestion because it's definitely not something we see often, and personally I'd love to see more feedback on the system of where people currently see flaws and just voicing their concerns so that we can appropriately take the feedback and change the system accordingly to feedback we receive.

• Like 1

Rather than giving feedback on each suggestion individually, I'd want to summarize everything into one. Overall, I believe these would be a wonderful addition to the server, emphasizing roleplay over the desire to make millions, as you have already stated. These elements are required to maintain the high level of roleplay that Eclipse is known for, and recommendations like these will only help us improve our roleplaying abilities and, in general, allow us to progress as a community. Unfortunately, I am unable to provide much feedback on the state of how things are now in-game, but I believe that integrating these thoughts would be a fantastic addition. I'm hoping that more people will respond by posting their thoughts on this topic because I'm really curious what other people think about these suggestions. Very well-written and detailed suggestion +1.

• Like 1
  • polarcop 1