XeV

IC Consequences Becoming OOC Punishments (Cops And DOC)

So my biggest thing with this is providing good RP to Cops and DOC, Now with providing that goodrp you get punished for doing so. Give cops a good chase in your car that continued on foot get caught and have some good /me's and /do's back and forth. Cops deserve some decent rp the only issue is by doing so you are "Punished for giving goodrp" as now with that cool 30 minute exchange you had with PD where say you both enjoyed it you now have 2-3 hours in jail. Example - I got bored one day and decided lets just give cops a chase and some good rp. So i started a chase and eventually stalled on a taxi cab and got caught I enjoyed every second of the rp even doing the /me's and /do's of the patdown for keys and getting cuffed and searched, and even received some Pm's from officers that it was a good chase and they had fun. Now after we all had our fun and stuff I was then put in jail for 2 hours for a 25 minute chase. Why is that fair? Now I am not saying to be let out scot free, but what is this punished for giving decent RP to cops.

What is this 2-4 hours in jail plus my 16k impound fee punishment for giving a faction who is starving of decent RP from civilians some decent rp rather then shooting them like everyone else does and then driving off. 

As for DOC its the same thing, people complain about RP in prison because there is no RP in prison. Any actual prison RP had is met with lockdown or extended sentences before it even starts. Example - Anakin Bridge last night held a DOC guard hostage and had some what looked like to me some fun RP and nothing toxic or rule breaking was done in my opinion. after said scenario he was met with a total of 12 hours in jail (Stacked the living fuck out of him) (Normal time + the solitary stacked). Now why in the world would anyone wanna give DOC guards RP if it is met with extended sentences or being locked in a cell for the rest of your sentence. It is the reason why people have such Hostility towards COPS and DOC guards because the IC Punishments you dish out are OOC punishments.

The server needs more RP given to Cops and Guards and inside DOC rather then just leading to shooting or beating them and moving on, but you leave people no choice as its either 2-4 hours in jail or maybe kill the cop and get away scot free. And Do not interact inside DOC with anyone at all in anyway hostile or it could lead to lockdown or solitary extended sentences.

I have 0 idea how this could be solved, as prison time has already been kind of shortened, but as it is the only options I see are Evade from cops always and hope you get away for no prison time, and do not interact with anyone hostile inside DOC to avoid lockdown sitting in a cell for your sentence or having your sentence extended cause solitary.

Giving Good RP should have some sort of reward rather then giving GoodRP always being a punishment if given to DOC or Cops.

• Like 11
  • polarcop 2

15 minutes ago, Kieran Horn said:

So, as a criminal you can't not do some type of time for committing crimes. I totally understand this, but I get where you are coming from. It is something I've been trying to stress for a while now, when you add both fines and jail time into the equation it feels too much like an OOC deterrent to crime, then an in-character deterrent. The idea everyone brings up is that crimes shouldn't be so easy and so consequence free that everyone will do it. 

This makes sense in the real world. It doesn't make sense in a game that is absolutely dependent on criminal being criminals. By trying to deter crimes on an Out of Character level, you are literally asking players to not contribute to half of an essential equation. 

Jail shouldn't be looked at as nothing but a boring experience, as I have had some of the best rolyeplay while in jail. It kind of sucks when there is no one there, but that is an aspect you just have to deal with. That being said, what does make me sometimes want to pack up and leave is when, after providing 30 to 40 minutes of fun RP to police, I am now 30k in debt, and have 6 boring hours of Oil to look forward to. 

Grind isn't fun. Grind makes people want to leave. Grind is boring. 

People have brought up, "Well RP better, don't get caught." blah blah blah, but literally that is a weak argument in my opinion. Sometimes it seems like PD has a "win" mentality that is usually associated with clapper gangs, then a professional organization. Just my opinion, let's keep it civil. 

I am not a fan of the whole PD has a "Win" Mentality but I understand the claim. some cops 100% have that mentality and there is no denying it, but not all I have had MANY good rp with cops sadly all the cops in my opinion that strived for the good rp for both sides are no longer on PD or are MIA from the server as a whole. Some even held HIGH positions inside for PD and i felt had a massive trickle down effect for officers below them. These high up command cops were giving amazing solid rp and thus the underlings followed, but now with a lot of them MIA I am seeing less and less decent RP coming from newer officers. People learn from their elders and if the elders are just not providing good rp they will follow and not strive to set an example for others. The only time i see a 'Win" mentality and i lose all energy to continue is when 5 minutes into a chase i get /megaphone Stop the vehicle now or lethal force will be used and my tires are shot 2 minutes later. When all i did was evade from a basic traffic stop when i realized my license was suspended.

Going into certain scenarios I am ready for the consequences I just wish they were not as heavy and I was not stacked. It to me seems like cops just enjoy boring basic traffic stops and not the adrenaline enducing drive test chases. At most if both sides are civil at the end just be nice and secure impound my car, its already a hassle for the jail time.

• Like 2
  • polarcop 1

1 minute ago, Felcon said:

bruh you cop baiting. Cop RP is not only getting into chasing people 💀

Not cop baiting, just not obeying the speed limit and flying around the city, did not care if i got arrested or not. And you are right cop RP is not just chasing people, but its the most fun. 

• polarcop 2

I agree with some of your points to some extend, but it's hard to do much about it currently.

Charges being placed and LEOs behaviour to you shouldn't be (and are not, as far as I have seen) motivated by any sort of OOC behaviour. We enjoy the roleplay as much as you do, but that doesn't mean lesser charges can be placed to reward that behaviour, given the current systems and IC regulations in place.
In an example you mentioned, secure impounding a car, a LEO could very well get into trouble or possibly even face disciplinary actions taken against them ICly because they want to reward your good RP or anything like that.
Same goes for charges, if you evade and shoot a cop, you're going to have to be charged for the actions you took, no matter what.

I, personally, would love to reward good RP to a greater extend. Whilst LEOs deal with a lot of good RP, there is also a lot of really bad RP, so the good RP usually really sticks out to us.
I do what I can within IC regulations and decisions that I can take that still make sense ICly, however that's usually not a whole lot.

80% of the cops know just , run after him, stop him, put a gun in his face and that is.

That's the reason why the most of the criminals won't do any RP with cops or cooperate with them just becouse there is a 99% chance to end up in jail.

For example:

I was falling from a clif, calling for help there arrive 2 cops.

All was good, I had a gun with license on it, I got everything good, till one of the cops go up on my bike(what was unlocked) and open instantly the inventory, he saw like 7 plats of Marijuana. He after that RP that he wanna bring the bike to the MD( ,,Helping me,,), and there all the shit was starting with ,, when I was driving, I smelled marijuana?,, , and end up with me getting punished.

do not interact with anyone hostile inside DOC to avoid lockdown sitting in a cell for your sentence or having your sentence extended cause solitary.

Solitary confinements don't extend your sentence and they're issued based on your character's actions, usually attacking guards for petty reasons, etc.

Your (characters) actions have consequences, be smart about the things you do, for example, if you want to attack someone or do anything that would make you locked up, do it so no one sees them, learn the camera locations, guard behavior, etc. Create some fun RP, and don't start the situation sporadically where 10 other guards can see you (especially just punching others scriptly) it wouldn't make sense ICly if your character attacked someone, sending them to the med bay, to just say, good boy - you keep doing what you're doing! No - it's met with IC consequences for your actions, even if the RP was good, there's no way to ICly justify that.

No matter how good or bad your RP is, the lockdowns and solitary confinements are issued ICly. If guards are abusing their rights and putting prison under lockdown without any reasons, depending on the situation, you have the rights to start a riot (read rules for riots in Prison rules)

As for Anakin's attempted prison break yesterday, of course, it makes for a fun RP scenario for everyone involved, but again, plan your prison breaks ahead of time and plan them good, from a to z. If you fail at the prison break of course your character will have IC consequences (60 minutes of solitary, which doesn't add to your sentence but is part of your sentence and added prison break charges from PD/SD/DOC officers to your record).

Thank you and keep striving for realism in your Role Play situations, stay epic!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DoTo said:

I, personally, would love to reward good RP to a greater extend. Whilst LEOs deal with a lot of good RP, there is also a lot of really bad RP, so the good RP usually really sticks out to us.

I really wish there was a modifer on the MDC that was purely OOC that allowed us to reward good RP. There's been a ton of situations I've been in that made my IC character obviously very upset and wanting to charge as much as possible, but on an OOC level left me very satisfied and content with the RP brought upon. Example of GoodRP: 

• My LEO character saw someone with a gun on their hip at Paleto Station. I approached them and asked them about it, they joked about it and then ran to their mule. They knew they had no way of escaping in a mule so they ditched the mule and before I could get my gun out, they held me at gunpoint and a hostage negotiation occured. This was good for numerous reasons, they RP'd at the station very well about it. Didn't make a fuss out of it in /b and just continued. When the pursuit of the mule started it was honestly very fun. Then, when I was taken hostage they RP'd every little thing there character was doing. It was honestly amazing RP that I still think about to this day. However, they still faced like 3.5 hours OOC time for their crimes. I wish I could've decreased the time to like 3 hours or something. 
  • This one is actually about OP. There was a HUGE shootout in an area in Vespucci, we responded and shots were fired from both sides. The criminals that we were going to take into our custody were treated and they RP'd their injuries so well. It wasn't the usual, "/do there would be numerous gunshots to his chest" it was more in-depth and required me to RP more heavily as a result to keep this person alive. Afterwards when we transported them to MD, we got them into a DOC transport and they responded to /mes and /dos in a quick manner despite the chat rolling very quickly. Again, despite this great RP, they were looking at four to five hours in prison.

I think this change would serve two things: as a OOC buff to crim because if you do good RP your charges can be reduced, obviously this helps to still have the charges on your record and still allow LEO's to do their jobs without being fired. As well, this provides an incentive to RP to a higher-standard and thus, provides both sides with greater RP. 

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, undead_vex said:

As for DOC its the same thing, people complain about RP in prison because there is no RP in prison. Any actual prison RP had is met with lockdown or extended sentences before it even starts. Example - Anakin Bridge last night held a DOC guard hostage and had some what looked like to me some fun RP and nothing toxic or rule breaking was done in my opinion. after said scenario he was met with a total of 12 hours in jail (Stacked the living fuck out of him) (Normal time + the solitary stacked). Now why in the world would anyone wanna give DOC guards RP if it is met with extended sentences or being locked in a cell for the rest of your sentence. It is the reason why people have 

The server needs more RP given to Cops and Guards and inside DOC rather then just leading to shooting or beating them and moving on, but you leave people no choice as its either 2-4 hours in jail or maybe kill the cop and get away scot free. And Do not interact inside DOC with anyone at all in anyway hostile or it could lead to lockdown or solitary extended sentences.

In the past, I’ve done a lot of hostile RP in prison which lead obviously to solitary and extended time. Being locked in a small cell sucks, but thats a consequence to your actions. You could decide to be nice to guards and I know from experience that they are really enthusiastic to roleplay with you. This could be cooking, yoga RP etc. Its really up to you how you sit out your time. I chose the hostile way most of the times and I accepted the consequences. Don’t do the crime, if you can’t do the time, they say.  I think that suits here because the extended time is not ridiculously huge.

Having that said, I do agree with your PD comments. If you provide good RP, a nice thing to see would be that they only charge you with felony evading (and ofcourse the items on you), instead of felony evading + reckless operation + public endangerment + failing to maintain lane. Although these are all justified and correctly placed according to the penal code, they could make your experience worse and honestly for the officer it would not really matter if he charges you with all the charges named or just felony evading.

Edited by Dimja
Retarded spelling from my side
  • Like 4
  • dead 1

Suggeston: Everyone for any crime should get bail because it is at the end of the day it is a game and nobody is going to have fun idly waiting in a cell. Iff the crime is murder for example, you can just make the bail expensive so the person has to decide whether to spend a lot of money vs waiting their time.

A good man once said that you have to suspend realism for a fun experience in some cases and I've always agreed with this.

Edited by Eromli G
  • Like 2
  • YAY 1
  • NAY 1

21 hours ago, Eromli G said:

Suggeston: Everyone for any crime should get bail because it is at the end of the day it is a game and nobody is going to have fun idly waiting in a cell. Iff the crime is murder for example, you can just make the bail expensive so the person has to decide whether to spend a lot of money vs waiting their time.

A good man once said that you have to suspend realism for a fun experience in some cases and I've always agreed with this.

or have jailtime tick down at a reduced rate while off-line

• Like 2

As a very regular customer to the DOC, I guess I should throw my input in as well. For a majority of the people, it’s simply just how painfully boring DOC can be. A lot of the time it’s just prison fights or small riots with minimal RP, and the other little bit of the time it’s mostly everyone sitting around with Netflix up in another tab. 
I could stomach the hours of punishment if there was something to do and the ability to pay my fines back with those somethings. If we had a system that kept us busy and allowed us to earn our fines (or at least a good portion of them back), I think very few people would complain about DOC. The main turnoff of DOC is going in, knowing the amount of time you’ll spend inside and then the amount of time you’ll have to spend outside to make up for the losses you just had inside. If you give us the ability to make up for those losses, it would keep us busy and get crims out of 25-100 table labs non-stop because they wouldn’t have a tremendous fear of losing half their wealth to one fun night getting trampled on by the overwhelming force that is PD/SD. 

TL;DR: Give crims a way to make up our fines while in DOC and consider shortening the punishments a bit longer and you’ll have a much more flourishing crim community who will utilize money making methods other than apartment labs PLUS getting to keep the fear of DOC in them, without completely destroying their wealth and time in the process.

• Like 3

On 1/26/2022 at 3:18 PM, undead_vex said:

Now after we all had our fun and stuff I was then put in jail for 2 hours for a 25 minute chase. Why is that fair? Now I am not saying to be let out scot free, but what is this punished for giving decent RP to cops.

I agree, you can have 30 minutes of fun with RPing with LEO then get stacked with 3-5 hours in DOC where the RP is very limited which makes you think A LOT on an ooc level before going into situations that involves LEO. You can have a lot of fun but then have to spend hours on end just sitting in DOC doing nothing. It just demotivates people and overall limits RP that could happen because of having to face the what feels like OOC punishment. 

• Like 2