Ace Creed

Repair Kits

As a eclipse player for 5 months, I think that it would be right to add a repair kit. This repair kit would be bought from general stores for 3500 at max for certain locations. This would stop players from waiting for hours for a mechanic to respond to their calls. I, personally, have experienced waiting and waiting for mechanics to arrive to fix my car. Its been 2 days and still no mechanics. This should repair your car/motorcycle at 350 health, just enough to ride around, but not enough for professional care as if you crash you will have to buy another one, or wait for a mechanic. The time the repair would take is 1 min 30 secs to repair your vehicle. 

Please consider my suggestion

Ace Walloce

+/-

What I would get behind is an "Emergency Repair Kit" or something of that flavor, where if a players car health is within 250-299 or even 275-299 it will allow players to restore their car +50 or +25 points depending on if the prior limit is 250 or 275. The logic behind this being that if you're repairing a car below those amount it is likely totaled and you shouldn't be able to repair it with a convenience kit.

Even with the above withstanding a player could technically get his car down from 1000 to 275 in a single hit, where his car would be totalled and then still be able to use the kit so I think this will be abused to repair cars that shouldn't be RP'ly repaired roadside with a convenience kit. To fight this the server would have to keep track of the allotted damage for the current spawn of the vehicle (not sure if this is already done or not) and then decide if there's too much allotted damage to repair it with a kit.

+1 as a lot of the time mechanics aren't on duty or won't respond to outcalls it'd be good to carry one in a trunk or something. Another alternative that adds a bit more RP would be single use jumper cables that you can buy from any store. You'd have to call someone up to bring their car over to jumpstart your car to maybe 200 health or just enough to where you could drive it to LSC or bayview 

• Like 1