XeV

Inconsistency Within The Staff Team On Reports

10 hours ago, Kieran Horn said:

Someone felt uncomftorable after a gross rp segment that was prolonged and detailed. To punish them for bringing it up feels like victim blaming. 

The fact that staff was involved in the experience and then the reporter was punished for bringing it up feels gross. 

Image is a lot. Deny the report on no merit. But to issue a petty report makes me feel like I can't report staff ever.

Consent these days is not a simple one line black and white notice. If I had to compare this to a real life instance it would be a woman agreeing to sex, but then it got rough, and dirty, and even though she said no, she was then pressured into it, and locked up to preserve herself. 

This decision, to rule negatively for reporting it, is disgusting and sets a bad precedent for reporting staff for misconduct. If you guys want to punish me for speaking my mind, go ahead, you'll just prove my point. 

So because someone decides AFTER IT'S DONE that they didn't like it they can report it even though they already said it was okay? As vex said, the staff member wasn't even directly involved. Not only that, this is the first incident I can think of that's resulted in a petty report note on someone's account that involves a staff member. We've issued them PLENTY of times before and it's not even a punishment, it's a note on their account similar to a "spoken to".

There was no staff misconduct present in ANY capacity. Had she said AS IT WAS HAPPENING to stop, they would've stopped or been punished for doing so. You cannot say yes to something then say no well after it's already done. This is a videogame torture scene, not a real life instance of someone hesitantly agreeing to sex. To compare the two is unbelievably demeaning as someone who has been sexually assaulted and struggles greatly with giving consent and trust to others.

• Like 5