Puzzling

Being able to refuel without unlocking your doors

I can also say that on few cars I personally fueled up I either had to use car keys to unlock the fuel cap, or the vehicle has to be unlocked for me to be able to unscrew the cap.

Having vehicle locked while refueling would help with people walking in and stealing cars/items, but that is already against the rules and can just be enforced 

But does your car HAVE to be unlocked before you fill up IRL? So why do cars in game REQUIRE you to unlock them before getting gas? If there is a legitimate reason related to like the scripts involved, then I understand, but if not, why would you disagree with this? Unlocking your car in Los Santos is risky no matter where you are, so I think this is a great idea.

I am not saying it is a good or bad idea. I am debating the "IRL" point of view. 

Personally, I don't own a car that has an autolock feature, nor do I systematically lock my car when I am driving. I also agree that most cars have to be unlocked in order to refuel them. Again, and as BrainDed said, it is against the rules to steal a car from a gas station so if that were to happen to you, /report in game! 

• Upvote 1

I understand why you would want the cars to be able to lock in game when fueling, it's really annoying when you've forgotten to unlock / turn off the engine. However I also disagree, I've had 6 cars IRL and it's just a case that you have to unlock your car IRL to get fuel and sometimes I get out of my car and I've forgotten to unlock the doors and my fuel cap wont open :') or I have had to use the key for the car to physically unlock the fuel cap.

Edited by Livvy
  • hand 1

I personally believe this feature should be in place to prevent non-RP theft of a vehicle whilst refueling rather than aiming for realism. 

Staff are already inundated with issues of non-RP and don't need small, petty instances of car theft at a gas station to add to the list. 

Maybe it's a regional thing but in the US, I always lock my car when I get out to get gas. Granted, I live in a large city with a lot of car thefts but so is San Andreas. Also, a lot of newer cars have autolock systems. Most have it where once you get a certain speed the doors lock right away.  I agree with Beet here, it's little things like this that I feel would help take away potential rulebreaks. 

21 hours ago, SkyeFuryy said:

Hmm. Difficult one, because personally I have never locked my car at a gas station IRL, and not a lot of people do (UK/France). Although in-game I could understand, I would have to disagree. 

I always lock my car before refueling IRL, granted depending where I was driving its a large city with a lot of thefts.

16 hours ago, Livvy said:

I understand why you would want the cars to be able to lock in game when fueling, it's really annoying when you've forgotten to unlock / turn off the engine. However I also disagree, I've had 6 cars IRL and it's just a case that you have to unlock your car IRL to get fuel and sometimes I get out of my car and I've forgotten to unlock the doors and my fuel cap wont open :') or I have had to use the key for the car to physically unlock the fuel cap.

I guess I just have too old of a vehicle IRL right now, but I don't need my keys to unlock a gas cap, its just a push magnet, in game I drive a elegy which is a 1990's vehicle with no special locks 

14 hours ago, Beet said:

I personally believe this feature should be in place to prevent non-RP theft of a vehicle whilst refueling rather than aiming for realism. 

Staff are already inundated with issues of non-RP and don't need small, petty instances of car theft at a gas station to add to the list. 

This wasn't even one of my first thoughts but I 100% agree, and too be fair, if this was implemented if you lock the car good on you, if you forget and it gets stolen ohh well, because it isn't a script limitation at that point.