NotOnlyAce

Suggestion for Store Robberies

I completely understand how hard it already is to be a criminal and I am aware that a lot of people will disagree with me. I understand why. But hear me out.

In my personal opinion I think that robbing stores is currently way too easy. If you want to successfully rob a store, all you need is to know what you are doing and a little bit of luck. Luck is needed just so no police officers or lawful civilians pass through while you are robbing it. If that doesn't happen there is no way you can mess it up. Alarm gets triggered when you are leaving, so from personal experience police arrives when you are already 2km away from the store. Honestly if they even pull you over for going from that direction, you can just play your cards right, comply with them and they cannot do anything since they shouldn't have enough probable cause to search you. There are stores like one on Palomino Freeway which honestly rarely get patrolled around and it's easy to rob them. Yesterday we missed 2 successful Palomino Store robberies in like 10 minutes difference. (I am aware that this could be IC issue saying that units are not patrolling certain stores frequently enough).

What I am suggesting is to leave some probability for things to go wrong even if you are doing everything right. For example if you are robbing a store for longer then 3 minutes, every 30 seconds you get 15% chance for alarm to be triggered on it's own. Numbers can be altered easily. Realistically speaking we can say that CCTV Software/NPC Employee noticed unusual activities at a store and ringer the alarm. I think this would add some more pressure when robbing unpatrolled stores and make it not that easy to do so.

Honestly I am tired of arriving at 90% Store Robbery alarms just to see the store empty with nothing to work with inside. I think this might make things a bit harder for criminals who already have a lot to worry about. But percentage of successful store robberies is way too above what it would realistically in real world.

Thanks for reading through this suggestion for those who did :).

• Upvote 1

+1 

I agree here, I've played from both perspectives and you perfectly described how store robberies are on the server. From the cop side, you almost always show up and the criminals are long gone never to be seen again. From the criminal side, it's just sitting around, you get the money, and you can drive off as if nothing even happened because of how easy it is. More RP opportunities is what I would like and I think this suggestion helps. At certain times, there can be literally nothing happening at all as a cop, and it can be super boring just to patrol with nothing at all to respond to, no RP, and any stores that do get robbed don't even signal an alarm once they're cleaned of cash. From the criminal side, it can be boring to have no RP with cops, so on my criminal character I've mostly just robbed stores because I need the money, not because I want to from an Out-Of-Character perspective.

• Like 2

-1 This is IC issue talk with your supervisors on how you can better combat store robberies, SD/PD are well equipped to do so with CCTV and more regular petrol's. Robbing stores really isn't that profitable if you're with more than three people if you happen to have less than three then you stand a much greater chance of being caught in the act.

Store robberies in general happen really fast IRL, unless somebody happens to witness a robbery and calls the police most people are gone before cops even show up.  Store robberies are great for small time criminals trying to earn a little cash, so lets not make it harder than it already is.

Edited by apologisemeow
  • Like 2

-1 sounds like an IC issue talk to your superiors and monitor the CCTV cams more closely, there are plenty of available units, look how many show up to traffic stops. If these units were more evenly deployed instead of everyone swarming to one location you would be able to cover much more of the city and have quicker response times.

Edited by Destuin