Homast

Helicopter Access for All*

*All
All does not include individuals who would have no business owning a helicopter, Such as Members of "lower class" street gangs like 6-7, Ballas, LSD, Goblins, et cetera.

Hello fellow Eclipsians, Welcome to my Helicopter Access Suggestion
"But why should we care?"
Shush Child.. It's RP based, and as we all know, RP is based.

What: What i'm suggesting, is the opening of access to Helicopters for Non-LEO and non-Weazel News individuals, Effectively creating a more diverse scene of transportation and further RP opportunities to go along with it. 

Allow the purchase of Helicopters for Corporations, Individuals and "High Class" Criminal factions. A Prime Example would be the organization known as Assured Services. A Multi Million Dollar Enterprise, with a large building to operate out of, and I'm pretty sure a helipad at that, Why don't they have the ability to deploy a helicopter for formal occasions, or perhaps business meetings that aren't being conducted at the Arcadius Business Center.

Or for example, An individual with a business license decides to start tours of the city using the help of a helicopter, Or hell, even DCC doing VIP Helicopter Rides, for quite a nice premium that is, or once more, perhaps on the polar opposite end of Assured Services being a corporation to help legal individuals, What about a criminal Organization that would operate in a similar fashion? Except perhaps they could also be comissioned to aid with Supply Drops, For example, Individuals loading a Cargobob with Crates, but then coming under fire, The Cargobob would still be able to retain SOME of the assets, though at the potential loss of life and risk of coming under gunfire.

Why: Not only would this open up further means of RP, But it would also enrich the current RP sphere of influence, No longer would SAAA (San Andreas Aviation Authority/Agency For those who are not in the know) be for flying to Cayo Perico on the weekends, But instead it could possibly open up to being a liason for all flight related aspects of RP, Like Control Towers, Flight training, The works. It would allow gangs to be able to RPly purchase further protection and assurance that their assets will be safe, And perhaps even, it could be used to get FACTION RELATED reinforcements to gunfights quicker. 

How: The How is simple when you don't think about it, but can be opened up to be however complicated as you'd like.
Most of the codebase already exists for Official factions like Assured Services to be able to deploy helicopters, It would be similar to the already existing PD/MD/SD/WEAZEL Spawning menus, Except ideally at the helipad on top of Arcadius Business Center.  Civillian purchased vehicles could perhaps be purchased and spawned at Several locations, 1. Sandy Shores Airfield, 2. Mackenzie Airfield, 3. Los Santos International Airport, 4, The Marina Near Weazel News Or, if another suggestion prior is implemented, At Cayo Perico. 
In terms of being allowed to fly a helicopter, We would have very simple system. A "Flight School" to Keep people Sane and well, not taking too long, I believe Flight schools should be limited to 5 people at a time,  And then once passed or failed, They would receive a license that would allow them to purchase a helicopter.
For the sake of not having too many birds in the sky, I propose a 1 helicopter per faction rule be implemented, similarly to how PD and SD have operating at this current time. This could be enforced by having pilots having access to SAAA Departmental radio, as once again, DOC/MD/SD/PD/JB have. (I've seen people using the SAAA faction moniker on Department chat but I'm pretty sure they've been On duty Officers in Plainsclothes), We could also have licensed pilots be members of SAAA as Chartered Pilots so that accessing Department Radio would be easier.
The reason I say Department radio instead of a singular radio frequency, Is because well, Let's say that we do have a criminal counterpart to Assured Services, The Pilot would want to be on the same radio as the people commissioning them, allowing them to communicate with their customers with more ease, DCC already has a singular radio frequency that they use for communicating their call status and the like, And that would interfere with their operations.  I'm certain Factions would be smart enough to  come up with their own IC limitations of the use of Department radio. 

Asides from the spawning facet of the helicopters, Buying them. 

Buying a helicopter would not be cheap AT ALL. They would be somewhere within the 5 to 10 million dollar range ( Of course Subject to popular idea), depending on the model and "Luxiouriousness" of the helicopter. For example, The Swift Deluxe is by all means, a flex, and should have a price tag to match. The interior sports an LCD monitor and Champagne bottles and the damn thing is gold.  Obviously it would cost more than the Normal Swift, which has a standard helicopter interior.  Of course, There would be a wide array of helicopters available, Each of which having no weapons. The ones with weapons of course wouldn't be appropriate to offer as for sale as well, It wouldn't exactly make sense for Non-Military to have Rockets and Mini-guns on Buzzards or Annihilators in a server where the National Guard hasn't been deployed in uh.... I don't even know, Before March?

Thanks for reading this guys. I put some thought into it, And I believe it to be very possible and a very fun addition if added. It goes without saying, this suggestion is open to ideas, criticism and of course, memery if it's in good taste.

Cheers everyone!

• Like 2

Hello, Thank-you for your suggestion! It's actually an excellent idea and would open opportunities for civilian owned business.

Just to make it clear, i think this should only be an option for civilians however, and should be governed by the SASG (San Andreas State Government) in the licensing department. Anyone with violent/weapon related misdemeanours should be exempt from this license.

There should also be regulations on any teaching capacities. It should not be legally allowed to train anyone who is a felon to drive a helicopter.
The reason being is if convicted felons/criminals gained the ability to fly helicopters, they would all start using them for heists and this is not realistic at all and moves more towards a GTA type scenario.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, arcangel said:

There should also be regulations on any teaching capacities. It should not be legally allowed to train anyone who is a felon to drive a helicopter.

and should be governed by the SASG (San Andreas State Government) in the licensing department.

I do like these suggested changes to my idea, with the initial licensing only being able to be given to individuals with a clean record, perhaps allowing a similar system to the Firearms Licenses, where Felons can do an alternative form to apply for Pilots Licenses.

If Possible, We could make the SAAA, which is something already being used, and Officially implement it as an offshoot of the SASG, Similarly to how the SAJB is at the moment. 

they would all start using them for heists and this is not realistic at all

I do agree with this evaluation, Hence why I suggested a rather steep price point for the helicopters, Though End of day, It's up to the powers that be to decide who gets access