Shplink

Hello, From Shplink

Greetings,

The name I go by is Shplink. I have roleplayed for as long as I can remember, and I roleplayed on GTA SA:MP since 2010. I am now migrating to GTA V Network to participate in this new growing trend.

I enjoy roleplaying things on the legal side. I intend to roleplay in the Government, hopefully getting to become Governor. I have vast experience roleplaying with Government and I also have taken a Political Science course IRL.

In real life, I attend a University and am in my first year. I am majoring in History, and plan on Minoring in Education. Yes, I want to be a History Teacher. Preferably U.S. History, but I also would be interested in teaching U.S. Government & Politics.

Not a whole lot to say right now, but hopefully y'all will learn more as the days go by.

• Upvote 1

I plan to, I am writing up some stuff to post and hopefully will start posting maybe today. I might try to get some in-game roleplay done, maybe set up like a Republican HQ type thing (since my character would run for the Republican Party)

Do you really think you'll get elected Governor as a Republican? The guys that are basically against net neutrality and voted to let ISP's sell your browsing history? You, sir, are a fool.

Do you really think you'll get elected Governor as a Republican? The guys that are basically against net neutrality and voted to let ISP's sell your browsing history? You, sir, are a fool.

While I understand what you're saying, the Republican party is also responsible for measures such as the protection of gun rights. I also believe that their ideas that relate to Economic stance are more appropriate (and I'm not speaking in regards to Donald Trump, I'm speaking generally)

But since you make the claim that republicans are trying to damage the online world, do not forget to include that the Protect IP Act (PIPA) proposed in 2012 that would have provided a hindrance for online Freedom of Speech and additional issues was proposed by Democratic Senator Patrick Leachy from Vermont.

Also don't forget about the Communications Decency Act from 1997 that also attempted to restrict online Freedom of Speech, proposed (in conjunction with a Republican senator) by another Democrat.

I'm not going to sit here and argue that the Republican party is perfect. In fact, in real life I stand more Libertarian than I do Republican. However, I wanted to attempt to create a less Radical Republican Party on this server. To this point I have not been able to do much due to in real life obligations (University).

However, if you wish to attack the integrity of the Republican Party, let's also question the Democratic Party.

The Democratic Party, specifically people like Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton, to a degree, wish to instill "free collegiate education." But in order to do that, American taxes will have to be higher to provide for these free institutions. Additionally, as we've seen with current public education in Elementary and Secondary levels, the Education level seems to be diminished. Often times, schools are without appropriate material, upkeep, funding, and etcetera. But that's just one example.

The platform of which I intend to eventually roleplay emphasizes on the conserving of American rights (freedom of speech, gun laws, etc).

You also seem to forget that as a Governor, I would have no say over how the Federal Legislature handles its affairs. It is entirely possible for a member of the same party to disagree with something its own party is doing (and I will say I disagree with the letting ISPs sell history).

However, I thank you for raising points on this OOC post that was made several months ago. Good day:).

How much do you actually know about the Republican party? The Republican party is more than just that ISP thing.

Also, why is the ISP thing any bit relevant on a GTA RP game? There are no ISPs to even regulate in the server.