aBraM

[Suggestion] Stunt shouldn't be a fail rp

Dear Eclipse-RP Staff:

I'll start this off saying thank you for maintaining the server and updating it I love you all for it
I apologize for any English Grammar mistakes I may make as English isn't my native language.

I've wanted to talk about the issue of stunts as fail-rp.

The major reason of stunts being a fail rp is that you can't just choose that your character is
practiced in stunts even though the game mechanics allow it.

I would counter this argument by saying that shooting works in parallel.
If I'm getting chased by a group of gangsters and I'm stopping for a gun
shoot-out my chance of winning are slim, due to the fact that I am a guy with no
experience with guns and I'm being chased by a group of scary people my chances of not
shaking and being able to use the gun are small.

If I'm not wrong most of Europeans aren't allowed to use guns and buy guns meaning that if your character
isn't from the U.S.A or Canada he may never even used a gun. A pistol requires correct standing steady aims 
and a cocking action, while holding your pistol in an incorrect way of putting your thumb on the back on it you
can break it from the semi-mechanism thus we take as obvious that our player is trained in guns and the aim of the
actual ooc guy behind the screen is what matters.

Another argument would be that stunts are risky, stunts are unnecessary and are just a risk of life.

I will give a situation to prove that stunts aren't risky and why they should be allowed.
Let's have a situation of a Bati Motorcycle being chased by an Adder driven by an armed guy.
Obviously the Adder has a better max speed and acceleration and is just better for speed
in this kind a situation IRL the chased is knowing in 100% that his fate is ending up dead, kidnapped, etc.
The Bati is spotting a ramp in the side of the road that could send him to another street that will take the Adder
another 5 seconds to get to if he wont take the ramp or wont succeed jumping it. For the Bati the situation is 
already a life risk he is in danger and desperate for help risking his life right now in a ramp gives him more chance
of surviving then there is without that ramp. 

Another argument will be that 9/10 of the people wouldn't succeed pulling those stunts 
because they require practice.

This argument is completely true, no doubt about it stunts requires skill but there's a big "but"!
Can everybody pull 3 one taps with a pistol against other people? no. most of the people wouldn't
be able to pull one but we won't accuse the shooter for being a fail-rp because he is good at shooting
we will greet him (hopefully if we aren't salty af) for his skills and move on. You don't ban being good

My point here is that you can't go to one subject and because you aren't good in it say it is fail-rp
this is a suppressing action against the one that practices and works hard in order to be good in the game
I get that this isn't a skill based game and It is a roleplay server but! In situations that requires skill you can't
help the weak stating that the good doesn't deserve what he did the good worked in order to get to his point of skill
and helping the weak because he is weak is just ridiculous. If you'd only help the weak (the one without skill) it will end
up being a game of who's got more money and who's got the fastest car.. that just makes the game a money farming game
and takes all the fun aspects of it

//| DON'T HELP THE WEAK HELP THE ONE WHO'S RIGHT! |\\

I hope you have enjoyed my writing and thanks for reading.

TLDR; banning stunts are banning skill it is just like banning drifts or aim
and the only thing it does is make the true money farmer win with the fastest car
and not the one who's actually good

• Upvote 1

the problem is that most cars and motorcycles aren't made for stunt jumps. if you ramped your warrener 30 feet down a cliff when it hits the ground the warrener's internal and external components could be completely destroyed. If you had a stunt bike, then you could make big jumps because they're made to withstand jumps. It's not a matter of skills of the driver that make it fail rp, its a matter of it being unrealistic for a car to survive a mega jump and continue on like nothing happened that make it fail rp.

6 hours ago, Dashingly said:

the problem is that most cars and motorcycles aren't made for stunt jumps. if you ramped your warrener 30 feet down a cliff when it hits the ground the warrener's internal and external components could be completely destroyed. If you had a stunt bike, then you could make big jumps because they're made to withstand jumps. It's not a matter of skills of the driver that make it fail rp, its a matter of it being unrealistic for a car to survive a mega jump and continue on like nothing happened that make it fail rp.

I was chased by an Elegy fully customized with neon and a Bati and I stunted away with a faggio! a damn faggio
and I've succeeded but they cried that I'm stunt jumping..

It's about positioning your car..

Another side note, most if not all the stunt jumps in game have no down ramp meaning that you always be flat landing, as this means all of the pressure of the landing will be put into the vehicles suspension because all of the pressures will be displaced vertically and not both vertically and horizontal like they are with a down ramp. Currently in game it would mean maybe two or three vehicles could take the impact. The rest would be classed as fail rp,  because they simply wouldn't survive the landing. 

Sidenote: The directional inputs while airborne used to be disabled, making the skill you refer to being obsolete. Not sure if this is still the case. 

1 minute ago, Randyrandul said:

Another side note, most if not all the stunt jumps in game have no down ramp meaning that you always be flat landing, as this means all of the pressure of the landing will be put into the vehicles suspension because all of the pressures will be displaced vertically and not both vertically and horizontal like they are with a down ramp. Currently in game it would mean maybe two or three vehicles could take the impact. The rest would be classed as fail rp,  because they simply wouldn't survive the landing. 

Sidenote: The directional inputs while airborne used to be disabled, making the skill you refer to being obsolete. Not sure if this is still the case. 

stay online I'm going to draw a sketch of how any car can survive such jump

7 minutes ago, aBraM said:

I was chased by an Elegy fully customized with neon and a Bati and I stunted away with a faggio! a damn faggio
and I've succeeded but they cried that I'm stunt jumping..

It's about positioning your car..

Have to say this concerns me, you are well aware it is in the rules stunt jumping currently is classed as fail rp and punishable on this server, yet you still went ahead in doing a stunt jump so you would win your situation regardless of the impact on the rp of the people involved. 

9 minutes ago, M_T said:

Here are a few videos of cars made for offroad taking jumps.

I'd say, you can do a stunt jump in anycar as long as you then RP the car's suspension being totally fucked, and the car being pretty much undrivable.

They jump massive ramps that get to at least more then 50 deg 
while in GTA most of the ramps if not all of them are about 30 deg just like little planks or a fall without a ramp..