Dashingly

Bans shouldn't be placed until all parties involved share their part

I think the system of handing out bans to players without any forums report needs to change. If the offense is not straight up blatant it makes sense to deal with these reports in an open forum where everyone can have there side of the story and its not just from one persons perspective. This is in essence is what a report is for, so people can understand what errors they have made and if applicable present evidence to counter the accuser. In the long run this will save the time of the admin team by limiting appeals and discussions and help educate the player base on what is acceptable and not acceptable should the report be followed through on.

Currently admins can suspend or ban players without hearing their point of view. This is a bad thing because players are forced to sit out a suspension when they potentially have done nothing wrong. If it is found that they have done nothing wrong, the admin charges are voided but the player must wait out most, if not all of the suspension because appeals take days to review and by that time the suspension could be over.

The change that I'm proposing is that in all (except blatant, intentional rule breaks) reports that result in a suspension or ban, the reporting party must post a forum report, and the parties being reported must be given ample opportunity to defend their side. Reports that are not on the forums, do not educate the player base on what may or may not be acceptable, and help no one.

Thanks for reading.

Edited by Dashingly

Couldn't agree more, and not just because of the recent events. 

I would also like to add the recommendation that any paused RP that takes over X amount of time, say 15 minutes is clearly too complex of a situation to be dealt with IG and should be taken to the forums regardless of who is reporting. ie Paused RP of 1 hour 22 minutes for 10 people is insane which happened this week. 

+1 I've had to wait out a ban for something I didn't do just to have it voided after I'd already served the punishment, and I'm sure others have done the same. It'd also be good regardless since it allows the full story to be given and multiple people to take part in the discussion, which would prevent problems arising where an admin treats someone unfairly due to OOC reasons (not saying this happens, just that this system would prevent it from happening) 

Administrators handle reports in their own styles and within guidelines. Typically, all parties involved are questioned and asked to give their side of the story for situations. If evidence is overly sufficient, we don't ask for sides of the story as it wouldn't change a thing about what happened.

If you believe any administrator has abused their power or has placed false bans, you may report them or appeal your punishments.

Closed.