Ollie Williams

Civilians/Criminals can look at MDCs

Hello everyone and thanks for reading,

I think it would be a cool addition for Criminals to be able to look at MDC's, but in an RP sense there would be be a password so they'd need to hold up the cop and make them RPly login for you, doing so by using a command like "/giveMDC *ID*" so then you can do /mdc and use it like a cop would. 

You would only be able to do this for Police Cruisers though, seeing as the regular computers are in NCZ. There is the worry about baiting though, so you'd need to have DM rights on them to do so, since getting your enemy's phone number wouldn't be on the top of your priority list you wouldn't really be looking for a cop. 

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated and I'd like to hear what you guys think about this,

Have a great day everyone!

Edit: as the two support members have said, theirs no real point to it and you can just hold up a cop regularly to get the information anyway, 

Anyhow thanks for reading!

Edited by Ollie Williams
Added Support members criticisms

TBF I do not see what use would the MDC be to criminals, especially considering you'd be taking an officer hostage for a short time. You could honestly just as well do the same thing without the MDC, just hold a cop up and tell them to tell you the number.

Unless theres more use that people could make use of, don't think theres a need for it.

• Like 1

The main question to be asked here is...why?

• To get information such as phone number?
    • As you said, if you're holding a cop at gun point you have more worries than getting the phone number of someone
    • There are alternate, smarter ways of getting peoples personal information
  • To look up someones charges?
    • For your own you can just ask a cop legally
    • For someone elses, is it worth holding a cop up to find it out?
  • To add false charges to people?
    • This sounds like it could be very abused and is it even realistic?
  • To get information on cops units and their locations maybe?
    • This is one where I could see it making sense, but the MDC isn't quite the solution to adding that, maybe if you're in the drivers seat of a police cruiser that has a GPS in, you can see other units on the map similar to how all emergency services factions can

Overall I'd say no to this suggestion personally as most of the information you can get just by holding said cop at gunpoint like you'd suggest anyway without needing script access.

Edited by DrPathetic
  • Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.