Kjaer

Poker bets in prison should be scaled down

I think bets should be scaled down to reflect the amount of stamps one has when they first enter as currently no one plays because you dont really get a game going because its over so quick. its just stamp bingo.

Edited by Kjaer
  • Upvote 3

Since the most recent change of the prison times being limited, I think lowering it to just allow people to RP playing poker and enjoying themselves would be a big +1

Yes it was already lowered but it is still pretty high as a minimum bet. No one is going to be in prison long enough to become that wealthy. Let people just bet small and play hands to kill time while in prison.

With the state of DOC the way it is, until new content is developed/released for it, I support any type of RP opps inside prison, so +1 on this. No need to restrict allowing people to play cards in prison if it creates a more positive RP environment. 

Literally just make minimum bet 1.

People don’t play to win money, they play to kill a minute of time in prison. Most inmates stamps are spent in food and drink, or robbed by the end of their sentence anyway so nobody cares about the money aspect.

• Like 1

Just now, Ash said:

Literally just make minimum bet 1.

People don’t play to win money, they play to kill a minute of time in prison. Most inmates stamps are spent in food and drink, or robbed by the end of their sentence anyway so nobody cares about the money aspect.

Yup it would give inmates something to do because at the moment no one uses the table because its such a high stake, if it were put down it would just be fun something to do and would add a little more rp that doc needs

Or as suggested for a long time, allow inmates (and guards) to buy stamps at like 4:1 ratio with bank money (when released stamps currently turn to cash at 1:3 so it could even be a small economy drain).

That would also allow guard to participate and also purchase stamps as rewards and incentives for inmates behaviour (as opposed to the current system of spawned in stamps)

1 minute ago, LongFist said:

You can reduce your time with stamps

Should just be removed tbh. The ratio of time off for stamps is abysmal anyway. But I don’t go there as an inmate often so my opinion on that is limited 

• Like 1