Demonyk

Addressing the Toxicity

First off, this is not aimed at anyone in particular, just a general....opinion i guess. I feel like everyone knows this happens, do it themselves and what not, but just let it go ignored. What is up with everyone hating each other OOC? especially in the crim world. It really came to light a few months ago, during the irish/triads vs LFM/GD war. Its like every time someone wins a fight its taken to an extreme level of toxicity while the opposing side will almost guaranteed to go into ooc chat and say one of the following, "Save Pov" "hello?" "Dm" "reported" or something similar. Its kind of ridiculous. I don't know why people are just here to clap, shoot guns whatever, and not actually utilize the RP part of this server. 

I would love to hear everyone's opinion on this because i feel that it needs to come to light. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Bruh I've been saying this for so long and I completely agree @_Demon_. It seems all crim players hate each so much oocly, like they'll be allies one day and the next they'll be super toxic to each other because they're IC enemies. Yeah I understand people can get competetive, but if you're being oocly toxic and harassing folks over a video game then you need to get a shower.

You mention reports as well, and that's absolutely true, like you can't have any sort of engagement with an enemy (or anyone in a hostile context, for that matter), without SOMEONE being like 'save pov' or '????' or just spamming 'REPORTED'. People will deadass be screaming down VOIP "SHOW FEAR BRO IVE GOT A GUN TO YOUR HEAD HELLO?". People say "Hello?" in such a condescending manner and reference rules in VOIP too much on this server, it's honestly a joke now. Anyone that hits me with that receives a whirlwind of verbal abuse, it's like the one thing I don't tolerate anymore.

Not so long ago we literally had a whole ex-official gang going on alts to spam fashion and the forums with doxxes of fellow community members, one of whom is literally a 15 year old; sounds kinda weird that grown men are leaking photos of literal children because they lost official. I aint naming names but you know who I'm talking about.

This was kinda rantey but it's honestly insane how much everyone hates each other here. It is literally a video game, if you're trying to get people banned for the dumbest of shit due to IC conflicts, then grow up and go outside please xx

Edited by FrankieP
  • NAY 1
  • Upvote 9

I agree with both of you. The people that are doing this, are people not here to RP. Or people who just dont want to take the time to learn properly. RP is very important to a lot of people. Especially on this server. These toxic people deprive them of that daily, by chasing them for no reason, not responding to RP, not RPing at all, etc. I could go on forever. I mean, in bad situations ICly, a good RP'er can find a way to make it fun with good RP opportunities. But these toxic people wont give them a chance to even do this. If they win a fight, they OOCly laugh at you. If they loose a fight, they go straight to /b and say  (Save POV) (Reported) (See you on forums) ( or just plain hate towards you and your gang) I mean its getting really bad lately. But I wont rant. The admins and mods will handle them accordingly. It make take time but they will slowly get themselves removed one by one. I just wanted to add my 2 cents. I appreciate whoever reads this. Much love ❤️ 

• Like 4

It's a difficult one, because a lot of times from what I have experienced assisting on the reports, you have to focus primarily on facts and rules. What x has done to y.
I think first, we have to accept there is going to be a certain amount of shit-talking and disagreement, regardless of any measures.
People are going to argue and disagree, people pick sides and things get tribal.

That being said, I think we have to establish whether we are a role-play server or a role-play community. If we are a role-play server, the only thing that matters is what happens in-game and the experience in-game. The forums and discord would not be as relevant.

If we are a role-play community though, we've got to really cut down on the toxicity.

The whole 'see you on the forums' meme is basically a passive-aggressive threat. It's schoolboy shit. It's basically saying "I'm going to tell the teacher on you!"
If you are going to report someone for something, just do it. No need to start with the SAVE POV meme either, if people don't record to back themselves up, that's their problem and it's none of your concern. You just report the potential rule-break and get on with your day. 

Get rid of the downvotes on the forum altogether. It's meme-y and it's basically an easy way to troll without having to commit to a post.

If you are using meta terms like the ones @FrankieP suggested, you should be getting a metagaming punishment in my opinion. Not just for mixing IC/OOC, but again, factoring the rules too heavily in your role-play. People start getting punished for that, it'll cut it out real quick.

In terms of factions, if it was me, I'd be issuing fair faction punishments for factions who have members that encourage or add to the toxicity in the community. Either you cut them loose or the faction gets punished. If you can't keep your members in line, you probably should not lead a faction on Eclipse. The majority of the faction leaders, official or not, do a great job of this but there are exceptions and of exceptions, one can make examples.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

The first day when i arrived in this server i thought lets roleplay because this a ROLEPLAY server but after some funny days i am seeing when i try to rp they just dont respond or just going /b and stalling the rp. after every shootout there is someone who founds something to report like for the little things. that is just so sad to see.

And i am not gonna lie i do that some times when someone killed me i say in /be SAVE POV because everyone is doing it.

it is likes how fast people can say /b SAVE POV but when someone is rping like /me puts the gun on his neck it would take ages to respond lol

And ofcourse the PD rp is not all the best to they are some great rp guys at the pd but when i am seeing now it is just getting worse and worse not only the pd it is the same for criminal rp and other law enforcement factions. it is just need to stop the toxity on this server i saw a lot of friends just quiting this server because of the Toxicity on the server .

just grew up or like what @FrankieP said go TAKE A SHOWER

The toxicity begins from within the actual player base where expressions of frustration through toxicity will ripple towards surrounding members. It's easier to blame other people, but I think everyone needs to make sure that they, themselves, are on the server for the right reason. The only way toxicity can be reduced is if people can begin reinforcing an attitude that is led with the sole intention to develop characters and stories (within themselves or fellow members of their respective factions).

Towards the beginning of the Daichead Gadai and Azteca conflict, I remember thinking that should a conflict arise, it would be really good for story development since gangs should not expect to grow at an extrapolate trend. I was personally looking forward to "losing", since Aztecas have objectively been around for longer. I was looking forward to the meetings, and the opportunity to develop relations over time (whether positive or negative). Gangs should prove themselves to be able to stand on their own and should experience their own individual challenges specific to their developments. As the conflict continued, I think people started fostering a win-mentality - fights became unfair due to uneven numbers, escalations were poor following NLR, and the sole reason for the fights became unclear. But I digress, for the most part I hope that the new rules will encourage people to lead their gameplay during the time on the server with the intention to RP, rather than fight to win. There are countless opportunities to RP when the script is not there to develop stories.. and I think when people search for these ideas, participating in conflict will become the second-best thing to do, which will optimally reduce toxicity overall.

This is just my opinion based on my own experience. 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

I agree, From all the conflict I have been apart of, The past few months have been on another level of OOC toxicity. I've had a picture of myself posted in Fashion in an attempt to mock me. I personally didn't care but not everyone can take that sort of shit on the internet. People need to remember we're all here to have fun.

I think a major issue right now is, if people lose IC then they seem to take it OOC to the forums for minor rule breaks that could easily be resolved privately but instead people just seem to want other people banned, which in the long run helps absolutely no body. Back when I was apart of Dojin in the WCA war, I can't remember this many reports let alone any sort of OOC toxicity. I was invited into the Triad discord while I was still a prisoner to them IC and had OOC banter with them every day, while logging in and shouting abuse to the same people IC. Its ROLEPLAY. Learn to leave it IC.

• Like 4