GR_Seb

/newsmute No more ADS.

Hello my friends from Eclipse Roleplay today I would like to suggest a new command!

Before we continue to the suggestion I would like to state that I love Weazel News and how it operates.  That does not mean that  some people don't want their chat to be spammed by weazel ads every second. Some want to roleplay that they have no electronic devices.  I believe it's fair for whoever decides not to see advertisements should have the power to.

/newsmute  will mute any weazel news ads from your screen. 

/newsmute again and it will unmute any weazel ads from your screen.

Being able to manually mute ads will bring great immersion and also less spam for our screen. 😉

Comment your thoughts!

Edited by Papadakis
  • Upvote 1

As a player, I'm in favour of this. We don't get a massive amount of chatbox space as it is.
As a community member, I feel like this would defeat the purpose of the news faction.

Perhaps exploring other methods Weazel could run their adverts that would still make it worthwhile to use might be a better solution long term.

+1 moved from the “chat”box as that is what it is meant for, chatting, and paying attention to important RP, and not seeing tons of ads spewing across my screen every second. breaking immersion, And moved to a more realistic place, IE: a phone and updated through there, maybe add a whole new app for Weazel news where we can see all current ads and phone numbers attached, including info regarding the ad IE: car details, house details etc and possibly the name of the person who posted it, this helping to tackle scamming. 

Edited by ITZ_THE_F0NZ

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.