aon

October 1st GTMP Update Troubleshooting Megathread

Hi, post any issues you're having in the comments below.

Solutions to common problems (these have been reported as helpful for some people, keep in mind the client is super broken and what worked for others may not work for you):

Invalid password error

Solution - If your password contains any capatalization, make sure you type it out of game, then paste it back into game.

Game crashing when logging in or every few minutes

Solution - Disable shadowplay or playsTV; Verify game files; delete GTMP cache. If you have Windows Live Installed, make sure to turn the DVR Feature off, as well as any other overlay that you may have including steam. To disable the DVR feature on Windows Live, search under your start menu for the Xbox app, launch it, and go to the bottom settings tab, click DVR and Disable it. (Credit to InfamousFelix)

Alt tabbing usually crashes the game also, so don't alt tab.

Infinite loading when starting up GTMP

Fixed by GTMP

Can't see the login box

Solution - Download this (click on the text), drop it into your GTMP folder and replace all files; Reinstall GTMP, restart your PC;

Loading into singleplayer

Solution - Restart everything - the game, the GTMP client, your PC; Switch to fullscreen from fullscreen windowed or vice versa; Verify game files; Download Visual studio x64/x86 and make sure .NET is installed or repair it (credit to Doobie); Reinstall GTMP; 

Crashing on game launch

Solution - Reinstall GTMP (Credit to Brian Oconner)

Access denied when updating

Solution - Disable Windows defender video (Credit to King Zaki)

Timeouting from the server

No fix, wait for GTMP patch

Has been fixed by NobodyLTU

GTMP "Launching game", opens steam but never launches game

Solution - Delete steamapi.dll in the game installation folder.

Can't see shop/mors UI or game freezes when opening UI

Solution - change your resolution to 1080p. Unfortunately, different resolutions are buggy.

Fuel randomly disappearing from your car

Solution - restart your game. (Credit to OsamaBigLag)

Server crashes

The source has already been identified and a workaround is being used, we're working on the fix.

You can delete your cache by going to your GTMP folder > CEF and then delete the Cache folder there.

I will update this thread with fixes as we encounter them. If you found a fix for an issue, please PM me in discord or leave a comment here.

Post any issues that you have in the comments below.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I was getting the loading into single player bug, what fixed my issue was going back and redownloading both visual studio x64 x86, and making sure .NET was repaired and installed. I was missing one visual studio x64 for some odd reason. Hope it helps someone. Gl

Edited by Doobie

4 hours ago, Doobie said:

I was getting the loading into single player bug, what fixed my issue was going back and redownloading both visual studio x64 x86, and making sure .NET was repaired and installed. I was missing one visual studio x64 for some odd reason. Hope it helps someone. Gl

Added