King Zaki

Alias Names Suggestions

4 minutes ago, King Zaki said:

I think players should only be able to set Alias Names for people in the same faction as them... This will 100% decrease the chances of players being metagamed...

I don't see how this will prevent "metagaming" when the stranger ID is all you need anyway. Your placing the alias on someone to recognize them by that alias. So you know them, If anything it helps people RP more like this. Instead of just hiding away like most people do. Im all for things that promote RP, and this is one of them. This isnt a TDM server.

11 minutes ago, King Zaki said:

I think players should only be able to set Alias Names for people in the same faction as them... This will 100% decrease the chances of players being metagamed...

So what you're saying is that nobody except for your faction members should ever be able to know your name? Yeah, no. 

3 minutes ago, flow said:

So what you're saying is that nobody except for your faction members should ever be able to know your name? Yeah, no. 

Basically this, The only reason i see this being suggested is so the criminal factions wont get caught by the police. 

8 minutes ago, Jetbino said:

Basically this, The only reason i see this being suggested is so the criminal factions wont get caught by the police. 

All of these suggestions made by people like Zaki have one thing in common. They suggest something to combat "metagaming", trying to make it look legit and that they care of the server and rules, while all they really want is to be able to stay anonymous to anyone they don't want to RP with. The only reason for this suggestion is like you said, they don't want cops to know their names. Ever. It's to fit their own agenda. 

People who metagame will be punished by the admins. There's no need for this whatsoever.

Edited by flow

32 minutes ago, Jetbino said:

That is the reason I made this post, I still do not have much knowledge of how the name tags work in game but from what I have heard anyone can set a name for you. So if i am rp'ing as a criminal and the cop sets a random name for me while we are rp'ing this means that at anytime he see's me in game he would automatically recognise me...

31 minutes ago, flow said:

All of these suggestions made by people like Zaki have one thing in common. They suggest something to combat "metagaming", trying to make it look legit and that they care of the server and rules, while all they really want is to be able to stay anonymous to anyone they don't want to RP with. The only reason for this suggestion is like you said, they don't want cops to know their names. Ever. It's to fit their own agenda. 

People who metagame will be punished by the admins. There's no need for this whatsoever.

Jumping the gun a little there John mate... I should have the right to choose who I want to RP with, if i want to avoid police because I am a criminal then it makes sense to not RP with them

4 minutes ago, King Zaki said:

That is the reason I made this post, I still do not have much knowledge of how the name tags work in game but from what I have heard anyone can set a name for you. So if i am rp'ing as a criminal and the cop sets a random name for me while we are rp'ing this means that at anytime he see's me in game he would automatically recognise me...

And what is wrong with that? Hes identified you and gave you a nickname. You don't automatically forget faces or voices ect. Don't give the police the chance to do this, they have to be close to you to alias you. If you dont want to be aliased by them, dont let them get into contact. Each member of the force has to alias you. If you want to be a bigtime criminal, you need to expect that your going to be known by alot of the community and the police force. If your like myself, A small MC, we stay under the radar. 

Overall, I think Aliases add to RP, and if people want to metagame who you are, its still easy. Your stranger ID does not change. 

Edited by Jetbino

37 minutes ago, flow said:

Think this is a bit unnecessary. Its comments like these that drive new players like myself away. We don't want to see salt or low key shade thrown at people. Deal with it IC if they do things IC. Admins will deal with people who break rules. 

15 minutes ago, King Zaki said:

Jumping the gun a little there John mate... I should have the right to choose who I want to RP with, if i want to avoid police because I am a criminal then it makes sense to not RP with them

Don't get into a situation people would be able to ID you. Hide your criminal RP instead of doing it out in the open. I don't really see a point to your suggestion. If I know your name, I know your name. Especially yours, Zaki. I've arrested you mutliple times, a lot of people have. Why wouldn't we be able to remember the name of a career criminal? Don't get caught. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Jetbino said:

Think this is a bit unnecessary. Its comments like these that drive new players like myself away. We don't want to see salt or low key shade thrown at people. Deal with it IC if they do things IC. Admins will deal with people who break rules. 

Ah well, some things don't translate well into text and sound harsher than they are meant to be.

Edited by flow

7 minutes ago, flow said:

Ah well, some things don't translate well into text and sound harsher than they are meant to be.

It doesn't sound harsh. Its just salt and low key flame. Their is no need to be upset and make statements like you have. It just shows your upset and viewing this suggestion with a biased dislike for Zaki and his RP. If you can't give an opinion on the suggestion without insulting his RP/Character/Group. Then don't post. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jetbino said:

It doesn't sound harsh. Its just salt and low key flame. Their is no need to be upset and make statements like you have. It just shows your upset and viewing this suggestion with a biased dislike for Zaki and his RP. If you can't give an opinion on the suggestion without insulting his RP/Character/Group. Then don't post. 

Now you seem to be salty. Quite upset that is. Almost feels like a biased dislike against my post. That's not nice. 

Just now, flow said:

Now you seem to be salty. Quite upset that is. Almost feels like a biased dislike against my post. That's not nice. 

No, I'm just tired of which ever community I come to partake in its full of salty kids who get upset because they cant "Win". Just shows your immaturity with that response. Take your salt and low key flames where they matter. Nowhere. 

• Upvote 1

-1, us mechanics would like to know police officers names and customers names, its all about the RP with this new feature, IF you get arrested and the police take your license they should be able to add an alias for you if you are a well known criminal.

4 minutes ago, Jetbino said:

No, I'm just tired of which ever community I come to partake in its full of salty kids who get upset because they cant "Win". Just shows your immaturity with that response. Take your salt and low key flames where they matter. Nowhere. 

I'm neither salty nor upset. Not a kid either. You just make assumptions and that goes to show a lot more than anything I could have said. Maybe you shouldn't just assume things without knowing people nor having roleplayed with them before, that would really help you calm down. Whiteknightning isn't needed either. I mean you completely hijacked Zaki's suggestion to make a point that's not even needed nor true. I'd suggest you stay on topic.

1 minute ago, Badger said:

-1, us mechanics would like to know police officers names and customers names, its all about the RP with this new feature, IF you get arrested and the police take your license they should be able to add an alias for you if you are a well known criminal.

Yeah, pretty much my point of view. It's just very helpful in general. I get Zaki's concerns though and I think the aliases should be cleared, but only on namechange.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, flow said:

I'm neither salty nor upset. Not a kid either. You just make assumptions and that goes to show a lot more than anything I could have said. Maybe you shouldn't just assume things without knowing people nor having roleplayed with them before, that would really help you calm down. Whiteknightning isn't needed either. I mean you completely hijacked Zaki's suggestion to make a point that's not even needed nor true. I'd suggest you stay on topic.

Your posts state otherwise, Kid. Getting overly defensive for the fact you decided to try and hijack his thread and slate him and his group. The irony is fucking hilarious. Whats it got to do with meeting someone or role playing with them? You need to get your blinkers off and stop your hatred for people. You cant win everything, and by the sounds of it, you loose a fucking lot. Stay mad, Stay upset. Make a comment about the suggestion, not him or his group. I'd suggest you step back and take a break. It seems your overly upset with things in a game. 

Just now, Jetbino said:

Your posts state otherwise, Kid. Getting overly defensive for the fact you decided to try and hijack his thread and slate him and his group. The irony is fucking hilarious. Whats it got to do with meeting someone or role playing with them? You need to get your blinkers off and stop your hatred for people. You cant win everything, and by the sounds of it, you loose a fucking lot. Stay mad, Stay upset. Make a comment about the suggestion, not him or his group. I'd suggest you step back and take a break. It seems your overly upset with things in a game. 

Well, anyone that knows me in here knows that's not really true and that I'm not upset. I don't mind losing either. So again, you just throw opinions around. I don't really see a point in arguing with you as you sound really upset and that's not a healthy state to be in. Go and relax some. Now please stay on topic. 

Just now, flow said:

Well, anyone that knows me in here knows that's not really true and that I'm not upset. I don't mind losing either. So again, you just throw opinions around. I don't really see a point in arguing with you as you sound really upset and that's not a healthy state to be in. Go and relax some. Now please stay on topic. 

Oh, You mean like you throw your opinions around? Not nice is it when people make baseless accusations about people on the forums for the public to see. Have a taste of your own medicine. Now, Go cry in private somewhere. 

17 minutes ago, Jetbino said:

Oh, You mean like you throw your opinions around? Not nice is it when people make baseless accusations about people on the forums for the public to see. Have a taste of your own medicine. Now, Go cry in private somewhere. 

I don't know where your hate and made up accusations come from but I feel sorry for you. I wouldn't call my opinions baseless as I've dealt with Zaki on multiple occasions. I've had both good and bad interactions with him and I'm sure he did as well. So we have rped before and these are just opinions. I'm sure Zaki doesn't take it as bad as you do and doesn't assume it's a blatant attack on him as we've had good rp as well that we both enjoyed. I'm not sure Zaki needs you to defend him either.

Edited by flow

2 hours ago, flow said:

I'm breaking my own rule here about posting in these arguments but you're snapping at @King Zaki for nothing.  When the suggestion was made to get rid of names above heads, we meant completely.  No alias, just numbers.  You're lucky that devs decided on this.  It's not about "being allowed to know their names", like everyone has said, if you know the person well enough (i.e. their outfit and voice you will know them a mile off) you don't need the alias.  However the alias update has changed absolutely nothing as after a week you are going to have everyones name anyway so only new people will not be known straight away.

The rest of you stop using this thread to insult others about crying, being kids, etc.  This is not about "winning", this is purely about people wanting to cut down MG that we all know happens.  So either suggest something constructive, just say you don't like the idea and leave it as that, or stop posting.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Reevesy202 said:

I'm breaking my own rule here about posting in these arguments but you're snapping at @King Zaki for nothing.  When the suggestion was made to get rid of names above heads, we meant completely.  No alias, just numbers.  You're lucky that devs decided on this.  It's not about "being allowed to know their names", like everyone has said, if you know the person well enough (i.e. their outfit and voice you will know them a mile off) you don't need the alias.  However the alias update has changed absolutely nothing as after a week you are going to have everyones name anyway so only new people will not be known straight away.

The rest of you stop using this thread to insult others about crying, being kids, etc.  This is not about "winning", this is purely about people wanting to cut down MG that we all know happens.  So either suggest something constructive, just say you don't like the idea and leave it as that, or stop posting.

I don't see the metagaming happening with the aliases. For them to know your name now, you must have told them or they must have been close enough to hear it. The very definition of MG is 

Metagaming is the act of mixing in-character and out-of-character information. Out-of-character information

is not known by your in-game character. For example, your character cannot see player nametags, therefore

while roleplaying you must pretend that you do not know the names of the strangers around you.

If someone did get to know your name IC, he's not using OOC information. 

Im not having this argument any more, people agree, people disagree.  This has been going on for months now.  What I am saying now is do not attack people the way people have been going off in here. 

If nametags were hidden completely whilst in a vehicle with blacked out windows or something just to stop you being pulled over for someone seeing you name, maybe it would be better, who knows.  (Yes I get you might know someones car but they could be in a group with anyone else, or just bought a new car - not saying the same car every time).
That's the only idea I have for it being improved but still might not be right.