Ultra3D

Cops ruin RP

Just now, Ultra3D said:

Never IDing me RPly and still somehow can find me randomly on the street

Do they have /alias set on your head? Have you undergone a name change that the /alias that a Police Officer set would be different from your actual name?

Just now, Ultra3D said:

I mean I'm amusing they saw my player ID and used that to "Identify" me

You do not need to see a player ID and identify someone by an ID. Not saying that no cop does that, there are most likely a few, but there is /alias set on your head from the license previously given in one of the interactions. Place that name on the MDC, full if they have it, if it comes up - it's you. The rest.. 

Just now, dawpi said:

You do not need to see a player ID and identify someone by an ID. Not saying that no cop does that, there are most likely a few, but there is /alias set on your head from the license previously given in one of the interactions. Place that name on the MDC, full if they have it, if it comes up - it's you. The rest.. 

But if they never asked my for ID rply how do they "Know" me by name, even after I changed how I look?

Because they asked for your ID at some point in previous interactions... There is no way of CKing so if you do a name change and they input your old name, the one that they have on your /alias - it would say that this person doesn't exist, so to further identify you without your license being given to them would be role-play, like checking files etc.

You are saying that they identify your by ID all the time, but we set /alias on people we meet.

Hello. 

24 minutes ago, MohammedAli said:

If you feel like someone has meta-gamed (used ID) to find who you are - Report it.

This is what you need to do if you feel that somebody has metagamed your name. Anyone can be reported and potentially punished for rule violations, everyone has to follow the same rules.

However, as Dawpi says above, like anyone else on this server, if you meet someone at some point on this server, you can set an alias for them. This will allow you to identify by this alias in the future. That feature is not restricted from Police Officers, they are too allowed to make use of it. 

I hope we cleared that up for you.