CumFilledFrog

Annual Amnesty/Record Clear

I think it would be helpful to have an amnesty once in a while if you've been clear of infractions for long enough. I can't speak for everyone but I imagine a lot of rack up our first offenses as new players. Mistakes happen and by and large we're a mature community that does their best to follow the rules as closely as we can. That being said everyone makes the occasional mistake especially in the heat of the moment. It might be helpful if after say a year of a clean record infraction get set back to rule breach #1 however the punishments from years past stay on the record. I hate the concept that for example if I one time rammed a car with a sports car but then do it again by accident a year from now I would still get a permaban as a punishment.

• Like 2

https://forum.eclipse-rp.net/topic/30184-punishments-to-harsh-need-to-expire/?do=findComment&comment=170780

I actually disagree for one simple reason:

The more you play the more you should know the rules.
I see cases where people get a DM, then play gaining 500k XP (equivelent of 2000 hours played...)

Then get a 2nd DM months or even a year later.
In my opinion, they should know better...

As we review cases, we take the history and experience of the player into account, and I don't think we should have a set rule whereby rule-breaks are just thrown out.
I like the system how it is, where we can see the entire record, and based on all factors, award the appropriate punishment.

In most cases this results in a 30-day break from the server (and maybe they need it, if they are DMing), then they appeal and continue on.

The idea here is if you are a consistent, long term member of the community, you should be setting the example and not DMing. 
I don't think we should get breaks, instead we should be held to a higher standard the longer we play.

Hello, thank you for your suggestion.

We will not be expiring / removing older punishments from player's records, instead, staff handles situations case by case basis. They have a general guideline that they follow when they are issuing punishments but they are instructed and trained to take into consideration the time between punishments and severity of the situation. For example, a DM #2 will not always result in a ban, neither will a Non-RP #6. 

- Osborn.

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.