heartgg

New Jail Times and AFK timers

Hello my dear friends,

I would like to introduce my background before the bulk of this post. I am a cop/civ RPer and I have played on my criminal alt probably 3 times and been to prison once for 15 minutes. I have a very limited view on the criminal RP and also the prison system.

I would like to ask some fellow criminal RP role players how does the removal of AFK timer affect the prison RP. Do you guys see an increase in interaction between prisoners? DOC guards? Do some of you enjoy prison RP or outright hate it and why? Do you think that the removal of AFK timer was a good fix to force players into interaction?

Thank you in advance. I understand that this is a major change, but I believe that we can get a lot of understanding and new ideas out of it. Whether you are simply upset and want to rant or have some good things to say, please do not hesitate to post it here.

AFK Timer: It's needed in my opinion as criminals getting locked up for prolonged sentences will die as time goes on.  That and if you get sent solitary for an extended sentence (typically your whole sentence) given how small the cell is it's very hard to stay active. 

DOC Guards: Typically when interacting with them all you can really do is let them lock you in your cells for 1-3 hours (got forgotten in mine for 2 hours) and that's about the limit of RP.

Prison RP: Once again, is there rp in prison? Typically it's get punched, get tazed, everyone gets sent to cells locked, get searched and sent to solitary. 

Did removing AFK Timer fix anything?: Nope quite literally I just grind the mine and pay no attention to the zone around me or I run in circles until I loose entrance. Why don't I interact? Only RP that comes from guards is when I punch them, can't plot a break out typically, and due to how long sometimes processing; burns people out. 

Well, criminals could try reform themselves in a fake way or a real way in prison. Talking to prisoners/guards/therapists and so on. Getting their stories out to each other. Poker is probably the best place for calm talking. Be creative yourself, not just the most extreme stuff you can do.

I haven't been to jail as i rarely get caught. But hearing from my boys who did get locked up is not pleased at all. The sound of it to me sounds incredibly discouraging. I get the "don't do the crime if you can't do the time" The thing is the past couple of updates have hurt criminals real bad. Not a single buff or new thing has been added to the criminals so to say. I wouldn't be so salty if you added a bunch of new crime stuff you can do and maybe buffed the others so its actually worth these insane jail timers people are getting. And since robbing stores at the moment is off the table all we can do is rob people chop or cook. Very fun to be a criminal nowadays so many things to do 🙂

Edited by Shorty

We shouldn't encourage criminal roleplay further, it has been bad enough already. Some things would need a fix, as you mentioned, but overall I think, we should strive for a more healthier community overall, with more civilian roleplay opportunities and better rules regarding day light robberies, more satisfying and realistic robberies, for example.

Edited by Com783
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Com783 said:

We shouldn't encourage criminal roleplay further, it has been bad enough already. Some things would need a fix, as you mentioned, but overall I think, we should strive for a more healthier community overall, with more civilian roleplay opportunities and better rules regarding day light robberies, more satisfying and realistic robberies, for example.

The thing is if you focused a little more on the criminal side giving them options other than robbing a player maybe it wouldn't happen as often. Wheres the house burglary or the heists or other things thats not just chop rob cook.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.