Xoza

Plate Search

Date and time (provide timezone): Any time.

Character name: Any Police Officer

Issue/bug you are reporting: Plates not loaded on the map cannot be found in the MDC.

Expected behavior:  Plates search would use DMV registration and should come up with the owner of searched plate.

Evidence, notes worth mentioning, steps to replicate: Park a vehicle, search plate in MDC.

Vehicle license plate number*: Any. You can test mine R04UDZKQ

Edited by Xoza

Hey, @Xoza
This has been a known issue since a lot of time, and I understand from personal experience how irritating it can be to try and look up a vehicle only to see that it was parked and it won't show up.

I am not sure if it's a glitch/bug or this is how it was originally made to work, however, if nothing happens here I'd suggest utilizing https://forum.eclipse-rp.net/forum/7-server-suggestions/. Nevertheless, thank you for pointing this out! 

Best Regards,
DimitriS

It may be an old bug, but it definitely shouldn't be a suggestion.

If the vehicle exists on the map or not and has been registered (meaning not a scrap car), then it should be searchable via MDC.

If people want cars that are not registered to an owner, that's what scrap cars are for.

A good suggestion though, would be if a scrap car is impounded, it's automatically registered when the owner picks it up.